Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
• Technical services in areas related to community-based capacity building, livelihood assessment, and climate change adaptation and water resource management
• Building strategic partnerships
• Substantive technical innovation
• Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Under direct supervision of the Project Coordination/Technical Officer, the Project Technical Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
• Assist in gathering knowledge and data from surveys in relation to scientific research based on the project objectives;
• Assist in dissemination of project information reports to and responding to queries from concerned stakeholders;
• Participate in site visits to understand the ground situation and prepare field reports,
• Assist in the preparation and timely submission of quarterly, progress and annual project implementation review reports and other monitoring reports as may be required;
• Assist the project team to conduct post-completion evaluation of the project.
• Provide administrative support to the members of the PCU, Technical Working Groups and other consultants in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of project results;
• Maintain records on all project personnel and local consultants and their respective status in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
• Determine need for procurement and supply of office supplies, equipment and establish and maintain office files, logs, index, control index or other information concerning the work under the supervisor’s control, and maintain inventory for repair and maintenance services;;
• Assist in prepare requests for advance of funds and/or direct payments and follow-up on timely disbursements, and submit expenditure and program budget status reports;
• Assist in responding to queries from the GoG, stakeholders and UNDP with respect to implementation of the project programmes;
• Perform as secretary to meetings with partners and stakeholders and to monitor follow up actions on decisions taken;
• Prepare routine correspondence and memoranda for Project Director signature.
Qualification Required & Experience
Master’s degree in any area relevant to climate change adaptation projects and programmes: i.e. Natural Resource Management (e.g. water), Environmental Sciences, Economics, Social Sciences, etc. or closely related field;
• At least five-years of experience in development and environment (climate change)
• Demonstrated successful experience in project/programme management experience;
• Working experience with ministries and national institutions is an asset;
• Previous experience/familiarity with UNDP, international donors or with GEF/UN/AF projects is an asset.
• Excellent knowledge of English including writing and communication skills and knowledge of one local language of the project implementation areas would be an asset
• Good analytical skills;
• Demonstrated data collection and analytical writing skills
• Good skills in project communication (articles, briefing notes,
• Initiative and able to work with minimum supervision
• Possess team spirit
• Ability in utilizing computers, including word processing, spread sheet and other software packages; data base management
• Good interpersonal skills, proficient in interacting with Government officials, with international organizations and grassroots level community members
• Ability to administer budgets, train and work effectively with counterpart staff at all levels and with all groups involved in the project;
• Strong drafting, presentation and reporting skills;
• Strong computer skills, in particular mastery of all applications of the MS Office package and internet search
He/She reports to the Project Coordination officer and likewise as other project staff, she/he is also accountable to the Project Coordination office and UNDP Country Office in Ghana.
• He/She shall be based at the Project Coordination Unit at the Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
10 February, 2019