PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICER
• The Public Relation Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of public relations and marketing programmes that position the organization as a first-class basic educational institution to the public
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Develops and implements short-term and long-term public relations and marketing programmes that support the overall institution objectives. These programmes that support integrate communications strategies for media relations (print, radio, television and internet), advertising, marketing and brand management
• Develops key messages, identifies target audiences and utilizes the latest technology to communicate with those audiences.
• Writes and produces most official publications, including Newsletter, quarterly and annual reports. Also writes copy for radio, television and electronic media, as needed to meet objectives of communications programmes
• Serves as the official liaison with the general public and community organizations and manages the organization’s website. Serves as the in-house photographer
• Creates and maintains an up-to-date, detailed media list and excellent working relationship with members of the media
• Excellent written / oral communication and Power Point presentation skills.
Qualification Required & Experience
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
• A postgraduate qualification in PR with a progressive experience in PR, marketing, fundraising, events promotion, or journalism practice and membership of the Institute of Public Relations.
• Not less than three (3) years practical experience
Reports directly to the College Administrator.
How To Apply For The Job
Applications with the subject heading of preferred position should be emailed to:
with cover letter, CV and copies of relevant certificates and documents.
14 June, 2019
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.