WASCAL is seeking to fill the position of Public Relations/Fund Raising Manager.
WASCAL (West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use) is a research and education-focused institute designed to help tackle the climate change challenge and thereby enhance the resilience of human environmental systems. It does so by strengthening the research capacity and infrastructure in West Africa related to climate change by pooling the expertise of ten West African countries and Germany. The West African countries include: Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d‘Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal and Togo.
WASCAL has its headquarters in Accra, Ghana from where it coordinates 10 graduate schools at different universities in the region. WASCAL also has a Competence Centre in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, where it manages the climate research activities.
The position will be based at WASCAL Head Office in Accra, Ghana. There will however be occasional visits to partners and donors in the partner countries.
The main tasks of this position shall be:
• Serve as the chief advisor to the Executive Director regarding fund raising for strategic priorities and marketing for products, goods and services.
• Managing the public relations and publishing activities of WASCAL
• Liaise with partners in the region and in donor countries in ensuring a high profile of WASCAL
• Identify fund raising opportunities, prepare solicited and unsolicited fund raising proposals
• Corporate branding, marketing and dissemination of information through newsletters, radio and TV broadcasts and facilitating press briefings and conferences
• Maintain quality control of all printed and visual products generated by WASCAL
• Undertake communications and public relations and outreach programs
• Will develop and implement appropriate donor care programs to ensure that quality standards are maintained and support increased from the donors
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Qualification Required & Experience
• Graduate or post-graduate university degree, professional qualification or extensive practical experience in business administration/development, journalism, marketing economics or other related field.
• Five (5) years of professional experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Experience in similar position with non-governmental organization and/or international organizations preferred. Ability to work effectively under pressure with excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French. Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships with individuals of different national and cultural backgrounds. Willingness to travel extensively in the region.
• Must be citizen of a WASCAL member country (see www.wascal.org
How To Apply For The Job
All applications including cover letter, curriculum vitae and names and contact information of three referees should be emailed to:-
Please indicate “Public Relations/Fund Raising Manager” in the subject line. You may visit www.wascal.org
for further information.
15 July, 2015
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted