To safeguard the financial integrity and stability of the hotel and minimize any exposure to potential risks. To ensure that all departments of the hotel have adequate supplies to perform their duties. To continuously research and find new and alternative products to improve the operation and reduce costs. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
• Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
• Responsible for maintaining a good relationship with business partners.
• Responsible for keeping up to date with latest trends and products.
• Responsible for working together with the Chef in order to obtain the best products and prices available; reviewing market list and offers daily.
• Responsible for ensuring that competitive bidding is taking place and that business is awarded fairly and ethically.
• Responsible for monitoring slow moving and dead stock as well as keeping the stock levels in accordance with operational needs.
• Responsible for ensuring that all deliveries and issues are documented and processed correctly.
• Responsible for ensuring that communication is taking place with all departments in regards to matters that would in any way affect the operation.
• Responsible for ensuring that all areas are secure, organized and clean.
• Responsible for supervising, training and motivating the Purchasing department staff.
• Responsible for hiring, disciplinary actions, evaluations, scheduling, etc.
• Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by the controller and assisting in other areas of Finance as needed.
• Responsible for communicating with Financial Controller on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
• Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel. Qualification Required & Experience
• High School or secondary diploma required
• University/College/Tertiary level education preferred.
• 2+ years as hotel purchasing manager
• 5+ years in diverse hotel purchasing roles
• 4+ years in purchasing managerial role
• Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
• Local language – excellent oral and written skills
• English – excellent oral and written skills (as applicable)
• Additional language - beneficial
• Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
• Ability to cope with changing priorities and multiple tasks at the same time
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
• Sound cost analysis and cost management skills
• Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner
• Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
• Ability to operate computer and mechanical equipment
• Proficiency in Excel and Word
• Experience in respective computer software is a plus
• Knowledge of food handling, quality control and local regulations WHAT WE OFFER
• Wide range of development possibilities and career growth
• An excellent working environment
• A good compensation package
• A good medical and healthcare package Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
If you meet the above requirements, please send your cover letter and CV to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
23 October, 2015 We look forward to receiving your application. Due to the volume of applications received, please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted. Candidates may be contacted for interview before the close of the application deadline. Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Kempinski Hotel, Gold Coast City.