Plan International Ghana is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to work on a project titled “Women’s Innovation for Sustainable Enterprises (WISE)”. The WISE Project seeks to leverage the enormous potential and agency of Ghanaian women entrepreneurs aged 19 to 55 years in rural and peri-urban areas by employing both demand- and supply-side interventions to contribute to increased realization of rights to economic empowerment, well-being and inclusive economic growth in 3 districts in Bono and Ahafo regions (Sunyani Municipal, Tano North and Techiman Municipal) and 2 districts in Northern region (Kumbungu and Tolon). The project will start in February 2020, has a duration of 4 years, and a budget of over 5.5 million EUR.
Dimensions of Role:
• He/She will contribute to the successful financial project management in compliance with donor (Global Affairs Canada guidelines. He/She will strengthen the capacity of the respective project staff and local partner organizations for quality financial administration.
• He/She ensures that financial reports and the respective supporting documents shared with the donor are of high quality. To achieve this the Quality Assurance Specialist will work at two levels:
• Preliminary review financial reports before they are shared with CNO
• Provide initial support and capacity building of financial teams of new partner organizations and Plan staff
• Provide Risk Management and support for the proper functioning of WISE financial System
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
• “What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
• Coordinates and monitors the Quality Assurance function of the WISE project
• Participates in the design, implementation and monitoring of all the processes required in the Quality Assurance work (annual plan, standard working papers, reporting format and protocols) etc.
• Strengthens the risk management processes in line with the Plan International Global and Regional strategy through facilitation of the project risk management plan of actions and monitoring of the Risk Register.
• Follows up on Action-plans agreed between management and external Auditors for full compliance and reports to Country Director
• Reviews Internal Control Systems for its effectiveness and appropriateness to achieve the project’s objectives and reports on areas of improvement
• Performs special confidential tasks assigned by the Country Director
• Ensures quality standards are met through review of processes at risk in the annual review plan
• Monitors action taken by management in response to assurance reviews, ensuring effective follow up
• Adheres to Plan’s Child Protection Policy to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse
• Ensures Plan’s gender equality policy is adhered to
• To coordinate the Risk Management system to ensure that all risk owners are prompted monthly to update their risk action points
• Performs and other duties that may be assigned from time to time to ensure the effective implementation of the Wise Project
• Providing Assurance: Planning, monitoring and quality review of Assurance engagements on key systems, processes, policies and controls carried out at the project level.
Qualification Required & Experience
Knowledge and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Auditing or its equivalent, with Part II Professional Qualification;
• Extensive practical experience of at least five years in risk-based auditing;
• Knowledge of program and project implementation is an added advantage;
• At least 3 years’ experience in similar position with a recognized institution preferably an International NGO
• Ability to train and mentor staff, partners and communities
• Good analytical and synthesis skills
• Ability to study and quickly understand new operating environment and organizational systems
• Good communications skills (written or oral)
• Good listening and negotiating skills
• Independence and objectivity, you should be able to work with minimum supervision
• Organized, methodical and meticulous
• Promoting high performance
• Open to feedback and willing to try new approaches and processes
• Excellent Team Spirit
• Promotes innovation, learning and transparency
• Communicates effectively and enthusiastically as appropriate to the audience
• Gains, develops and retains credibility
• Behaves consistently in their approach to work and decision making
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
28 February, 2020