Transforming Teaching, Education & Learning (T-TEL) is a newly formed Ghanaian not-for-profit organisation which aims to become a leading supplier of educational technical assistance for improving learning outcomes and greater productivity.
T-TEL is now recruiting for several technical and operational roles with an anticipated start date of September 2020. All positions are dependent upon securing donor funds and are based in Accra unless stated. Job Title:
Quality Assurance & Regulatory Coordinator Reporting and Management
• Reports to Executive Director
• Works closely with Key Adviser Leadership for Learning & Institutional Development
• No line management responsibility Job Description Responsible for coordinating implementation of the ‘Support to Quality Assurance and Regulatory System’ component and related activities working closely with the Leadership for Learning & Institutional Development Key Adviser to oversee the following activities and tasks designed to ensure the effectiveness of Ghana’s national Quality Assurance and Regulatory System:
• Support the National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE) to oversee and manage performance of Ghana’s teacher education system through the National Implementation Support Team (NIST) and Colleges of Education Management Information System (CEMIS).
• Support the National Accreditation Board (NAB) to monitor and enforce adherence to the National Teacher Education Assessment Policy (NTEAP) and to regularly quality assure teacher education through the Quality Assurance, Assessment and Accreditation Instrument (QAAAI).
• Support the National Teaching Council (NTC) to ensure that Portfolio Assessment is carried out consistently and effectively. This will involve working to ensure that the newly recruited network of Regional and District Portfolio Assessors are operating effectively.
• Support the National Inspectorate Board (NIB) to ensure that their school inspection framework adequately reflects the Key Phase 5 curriculum and takes account of the SHS Improvement Plans.
• Support the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA) to develop the proposed national standardised learning assessment for the first year of Key Phase 5 (for 15-16 year olds) as stipulated in the National Pre-Tertiary Education Curriculum Framework.
• Support the Ministry of Education’s Reform Secretariat to link the national performance management and monitoring system for SHS into their quarterly performance monitoring cycle and system of Performance Contracts. Qualification Required & Experience Candidate Specification
• Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in education, mass communication or a relevant discipline.
• A minimum of 5 years demonstrable working experience of managing key stakeholder relationships and communication
• Demonstrate a passion for, and understanding of, the value of education
• Knowledge and experience of working with senior officials in national Government Agencies and supporting them to achieve their objectives.
• Excellent managerial and planning skills including the ability to develop complex multifaceted workplans and see them through to completion.
• Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders including senior officials.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience of monitoring the implementation of work plans, performance and results.
• Well-organised, task- and time- oriented, and with close attention to details.
• Good ICT and report writing skills including experience in preparing donor reports.
• Independent with the ability to use own initiative and ability to be flexible Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applications are to be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter. Closing Date:
18 July, 2020