RADIATION THERAPIST Reports To:
Medical Director Department:
Oncology Contract Type:
Permanent (Full Time) Hours:
(Occasional weekend emergency duties may be required) The Company:
Sweden Ghana Medical Centre is the leading and first private cancer care center of excellence in West Africa. SGMC covers the full range of cancer specialties; our highly skilled team uses state-of-the art equipment and European-standard treatment techniques to provide high quality radiation treatment. In addition, the Centre uses modern virtual simulation and CT-based 3D treatment planning capabilities aimed at precisely targeting radiation delivery to tumors, while protecting normal tissues. Our cancer treatment plans and modern radiotherapy techniques give all our patients their best chance to fight cancer, to survive cancer and to improve their quality oflife.
Team spirit is our strength. We are receptive, keen to learn from the diverse viewpoints of all our colleagues, and always seeking to improve our skills. Together we share the responsibility for SGMC’s future and for advancing the services we deliver to patients from across Africa. We share knowledge, ideas and information in an open and honest way, in a climate of transparency, trust and respect for one another. We uphold the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior. In everything we do, we always strive to take away the burden of cancer. Job Function and Related Performance Criteria
SGMC has a bold vision: we want to be the leading innovator in our field, with skilled employees who are motivated to deliver the best patient outcomes for our clients. We want to contribute to cancer treatment and research as we strive to give our patients the most effective therapies. Ultimately, we want to build a healthy company with a business model that works in Africa, and with best practices that help us grow our prominent role in private oncology treatment in West Africa.
As a Radiation Therapist, you will be expected to act according to SGMC’s vision as a Centre of Excellence and contribute to a professional and pleasant atmosphere both between colleagues and in patient relations. Moreover, you will be required to work in accordance with the codes and relevant guidelines of your professional licensing body. Duties and Responsibilities: You will be expected to achieve a high standard of performance as a Radiation Therapist, while you deliver on the following broad job requirements. The successful candidate would work under the direct supervision of the radiotherapy team lead by:
• Delivering radiation treatment to patients; following the radiation Oncologists prescription and dosimetry plan as well as be responsible for written documentation and electronic charting.
• Simulates treatment set-ups according to the Oncologists instruction.
• Providing education and emotional support to patient and family members as well as help in the management of treatment side effects.
• Working together with the Physicist during treatment planning procedures
• Accurately delivering the prescribed course of radiation therapy.
• Warming up Linear accelerator and checks all safety and operational procedures.
• Checking the laser positioning to ensure proper alignment.
• Verifying patient doses through the use of diodes and an electrometer and reports any discrepancies to physicist.
• Other duties as assigned. Qualification Required & Experience
• Experience: Ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2-5 years of experience.
• The Radiation therapist must have knowledge of linear accelerators and use of Mosaiq for Radiotherapy patient documentation and treatment administration, preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience.
• Education: Graduate of an approved school of Radiation Therapy.
• License/Certification: Certified Radiation Therapist by the Ghana Allied Health Professional Council (AHPC) or temporary certification for recent graduates, as well as a member of the Ghana society of Radiographers (GSR).
• Candidate must be ready to learn and familiarize themselves with working in a multidisciplinary environment
• Ability to work in a team Remuneration:
• Above-market average Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicants, should please email their CV and application to: [email protected]
with the subject Radiotherapist/Radiation Therapist Recruitment Closing Date:
13 November, 2021