Ghana Cocoa Board
Accra and Kumasi
Job Vacancy For Radiographer At Ghana Cocoa Board (Accra and Kumasi)
Job Title: Radiographer (Diagnostic)
Responsible to: Radiologist
Accountable to: Medical Manager (Radiologist)
• Justify and perform Radiographic examinations, providing direct care and a high quality diagnostic imaging service in order to assist in the management of patients referred from clinicians, in a safe and efficient environment.
• Assess own workload of patients, undertaking examinations in accordance with departmental procedures, and recording all associated information on the appropriate IT systems.
• The performance of diagnostic radiographic techniques encompassing specialisation in one or more imaging modalities, alongside the supervision and deputizing duties consistent with efficient service delivery.
• Must be familiar with the principle of patient positioning, centering, and selection of technical factors,
image labeling and documentation.
• Must be competent to assess patients' request forms as well as the condition of the patient to determine the appropriate radiological technique and promptness.
• Must be available to assist radiologist in performing special radiological procedures.
• Must be prepared to obtain IV access and administer contrast media under direct tutelage of the radiologist or medical practitioner.
• Must be able to keep track of patient's wellbeing during their waiting, examination and post- examination stay in the department.
• Must take responsibility for radiation safety in the department including equipment malfunction and applying the principle of ALARA.
• Safely supervising visiting staff and the public into the radiation work areas.
• Offer support and reassurance to patients, taking into account their physical and psychological needs.
• Supervising assistant practitioners (interns & students) in delivering appropriate education and training.
• Must be available for continuous professional development, CPO.
• May also be required to monitor logistics and instruments performance in the unit.
• Develop and update protocols and procedures to ensure safe and quality care of patients.
• May assume responsibility of the unit in the absence of unit head.
• May be assigned to other duties as deem fit by your superiors.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bsc (Hons.) in Diagnostic Radiography or equivalent
• A wide range of radiographic experience as a student
• Experience of special procedures.
• Experience of working out of normal hours
• Experience of working alone (without supervision)
• Understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues. '
• Health and Safety
• Good basic knowledge of radiographic techniques
Competencies & Skills
• Good communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Time management
• Organizational skills
• Work on own initiative.
• Work as oart of team
• Good administrative skills
Personal Characteristics And Other
• Flexible attitude to work
• Self motivating
• Ability to be tactful and discreet
• Good attention to detail :
• Needs to performs professionally
• Needs to perform personalty
• Ability to prioritize work
Location: Accra and Kumasi
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their applications and Curriculum Vitae (including photocopies of all relevant certificates) to the following address:
P. O. Box 933
Closing Date: 23rd November, 2015