• The position holder is responsible for creating new medical records and retrieves existing medical records by gathering appropriate record folders and contents; assigning and recording new record numbers; verifying existing record numbers; inputting and recording locations to computer; delivering records for efficient service delivery. Principal Responsibilities
• Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
• Serves and protects the hospital by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures
• Take detailed patient bio data to initiate medical record registration by assigning medical records number (MRN).
• Maintains master patient index by completing assigned portion of daily audit trail; corrects and communicates problems according to established procedures.
• Maintains record availability by processing folders into the department; using mark-off procedures for easy retrieval and replacement of client or patient file.
• Retrieves medical records by following chart-out procedures; documenting reasons folders cannot be retrieved for statistical and follow-up purposes.
• Keeps health care providers i.e. (individual units) informed by communicating availability or unavailability of record/file.
• Maintains quality results by following hospital standards by ensuring continuity of work operations
• Enhances medical records and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Prepare a statistical report detailing attendance demo graphs/Bio data of attendance on weekly basis etc.
• Ensure content of folders are standardized and arranged chronologically from current to old.
• Use the E-archives software to register, file and retrieve folder while ensuring folders on the shelves are properly arranged and marked.
• Assist in collating quality improvement and assurance and risk reports and submitting same to the quality coordinators monthly.
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by management Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree/HND in Information Management/Library Studies & Archival Studies or equivalent relevant field.
• Minimum of one year experience in records within a hospital will be an added advantage Technical Competencies
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (at least Word and Excel)
• Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
• Strong planning and organizing abilities to set up and manage the clinical rotation.
• Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to emergency situations.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent documentation skills Personal Competencies
• Strong communication skills; both oral and written
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
• Innovative with the ability to generate creative ideas for improvement to service and methods of work
• Good organizational skills and the ability to manage time and prioritize work
• Meticulous and detail oriented
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials and matters with discretion and tact
• High standards of personal integrity and adherence to professional and ethical standards
• Must be consistent and fair. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Send cvs to: [email protected] Closing Date:
14 April, 2022