Our client is one of the committed financial services providers in the Ghanaian Banking industry. In order to maintain and consolidate its position, continues growth and delivery of quality services to its customers our clients is seeking outstanding, dynamic and proficient professionals to drive excellence in its, Risk, Corporate, Finance and Operations departments. Title:
Recovery Officer Report to:
Head of Recovery Summary of Job Purpose:
The role holder will be required to carry out performance of loss mitigation and recovery activities regarding delinquent or charged-off accounts in accordance with Bank and legal guidelines, including Bank of Ghana regulations. Key Duties
• Ensures that all outstanding repayments referred from credit department are recovered.
• Ensures effective and efficient monitoring of repayments.
• Liaises with external solicitors, debt recovery agencies, law enforcement and other relevant third parties to speed up recoveries.
• Visits defaulters mostly at dawn and sometimes in the morning and evening to exert constant pressure.
• Visits Debt collection agencies constantly as scheduled to speed up recoveries.
• Represents the Bank in court and assist in court process as may be required.
• Reports weekly to CRO. /head
• Ensure regular inspection of residences, business locations and all collateral used for the loan facility.
• Reporting’s of “dud” cheques to the law enforcement agencies especially recalcitrant clients.
• Makes enquiries, observe and carry out additional investigations to assist in recovery efforts.
• Segments portfolio and recommend appropriate strategies for repayment
• Delivers on additional tasks/responsibilities from the CRO or his designate as and when required. Key Performance Measures
• Governance, Risk And Control Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of first Degree in Finance/Banking/Business Administration/Management.
• Minimum of 2 working experience in a risk management environment. A strong track record in management and experience credit risk skills in a dynamic financial/banking institution is an added advantage. SPECIFIC SKILLS
• Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and negotiation skills
• Strong problem resolution and decision making skills
• Ability to exercise own initiative and deliver to meet established targets
• Expertise in Microsoft office tools (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook)
• Ability to assist teams and remain committed to achieve goals CORPORATE/BUSINESS AWARENESS
• Knowledge of quantitative analysis is critical as the job entails massive analysis of data and therefore requires planning and organization of own work with minimum supervision.
• A sound commercial knowledge of the business environment, and understanding of financial issues.
• A good understanding of global banking business, trends and opportunities
• Awareness of the statutory legislations, banking compliance standards, credit risk management, Bank’s internal processes and their impact on analyzing departmental trends, performance and strategies.
Excellent team player and have the ability to communicate with work colleages effectively
• Ability to analyse and resolve problems.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Passion for service excellence in the performance of duties assigned.
• Strong organisational ability is essential. SCOPE OF THINKING
• Role requires modification of known solutions involving some situational analysis of facts within defined limits however, it may occasionally demand extensive research and analyses to arrive at reasonable solutions. DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
• The job holder will be working in a predictable environment requiring the application of approved solutions
• The job will require the ability to respond to changing work patterns, interruptions and meeting timelines. AUTONOMY OF DECISION
• Decision making is based on established procedures and following simple instructions to execute or perform routine tasks. AREA OF INFLUENCE
• Role is limited to area of work with no direct or indirect responsibility over any resource Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should please apply by 29 May 2015 through:
E-mail:- [email protected]
Post - HR Advisory Services KPMG
Marlin House13 Yiyiwa Drive Abelenkpe
P.O. Box P 242 Accra Closing Date:
29 May, 2015