The Ghana College of Nurses & Midwives is looking for a qualified person to appoint to the positions of RECTOR. Background
The Ghana College of Nurses & Midwives is a statutory agency of the MOH of Ghana established in accordance with the part three of the Specialist Health Training and Plant Medicine Research Act, 2011 (ACT 833). The College is mandated to:
• Promote specialist education in nursing & midwifery and related disciplines
• Promote continues professional development in nursing & midwifery, and related disciplines
• Promote postgraduate nursing & midwifery and related disciplines for the college and
• Contribute to the formation of policies to improve health outcome and public health generally. Duties and responsibilities
The Rector is an employee of the College and shall:
• Be the Administrative (Secretariat) head of the College in accordance with Section 75 of ACT 833 Part Three of the Specialist Health Training and Plant Medicine Research ACT (2011)
• Create an empowered administrative workforce at the secretariat of the College and exercise supervisory and monitoring role to ensure that the objectives of the College are achieved.
• Serve as the secretary to the Governing Council as well as the Academic Board towards achievement of the objectives of the College
• Actively direct the preparation of budgets and monitoring of finances of the College.
• Continually consult with the President on all academic affairs of the College.
• Ensure policies and activities relating to academic affairs and research in Nursing and midwifery are implemented
• Undertake duties including fundraising activities
• Write and submit regular reports on the academic affairs of the College through the President.
• Submit regular administrative reports to the Governing Council
• Performany other functions as may be prescribed by the Governing Council of the College Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
• The appointment is a full-time position for a renewable tenure of four(4) years based on optimal performance.
• Conditions of service shall be attractive and determined by the Governing Council of the College in accordance with the provision with ACT833 (2011) Part Three. Qualification Required & Experience
• A registered and distinguished nursing or midwifery practitioner of good standing with not less than 15 years experience
• A holder of at least a master’s degree in nursing, midwifery or a relevant discipline from an accredited University
• Must have vast experience working with policy makers and programmes at the Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service headquarters
• Must have managerial and administrative qualification and proven experience
• Preferably a fellow of the Ghana College of Nurses and Midwives
• Must be of good disposition, possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Be an effective team player
• Be IT compliant (at least Microsoft Office)
• Must have good experience in fund raising and managing resources of an organisation for optimal benefit Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should submit:
• An application letter including a curriculum vitae and names and addresses of three (3) referees;
• One page vision statement to highlight vision for the administrative direction of the College.
Application must be addressed to: The Chairperson Search Committee for Rector Ghana College of Nurses and Midwives Hse No. .214 West Lands Residential Area. West Legon- Accra.
Scanned or pdf versions addressed to the Chairman of Search Committee and emailed to: [email protected] Closing Date:
30 September, 2015