• Governance for Inclusive Development (GovID) operating at the national and sub-national seeks to contribute to the development of governance by improving transparency, internal accountability, participation, and delivery of public services Scope of the Role
• The Regional Accountability Advisor will supervise the Accountability Component work in the region, enhancing the internal audit processes, Audit Committees, support to Ghana Audit Service and ensuring the development of accountability mechanisms in collaboration with Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) will also be extended to marginalized groups. Your Tasks
• Responsible for the implementation of accountability activities in districts under his/her region in close collaboration with IAA, GAS and CSOs Support partners like IAA, GAS, AC, and CSOs in organising activities and facilitating trainings in the districts.
• Support Collaboration, Networking and Knowledge sharing amongst key partners at the Regional Level
• Ensure implemented activities are in line with the GIZ quality standards
• Contribute to the programme’s short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as well as contribute to the programme’s monitoring, reporting and knowledge management Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters/MSc Degree and technical expertise in Planning, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or other relevant discipline
• In-depth knowledge of Ghana’s decentralisation system.
• Knowledge and working experience in the area of Accountability.
• 5 years professional experience in working with partners or topics related to IAA, GAS, AC or CSOs.
• Working experience with GIZ, similar development organizations and local government actors
• Ability to work remotely and communicate activities to line manager
• Ability to express yourself well both verbally and in writing
• Excellent knowledge of the English language Location:
Upper West How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected]
under the Job Code 2021/GovID/12/01
. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your
application unsuccessful. Closing Date:
21 December, 2021 GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.