GovID (Accountability Component)
Regional Accountability Manager
The contract ends on 30.09.2022
• The Regional Accountability Advisor at GIZ Ghana will supervise the Accountability Component work in the respective region.
• This will entail enhancing the internal audit processes and accountability at the district level.
• The Regional Accountability Advisor will also support the Internal Audit Agency (IAA) to strengthen the work of Audit Committees (AC) at the MMDAs level which will also include IT-based reporting system.
• The Regional Accountability Advisor will be responsible for the work with the Ghana Audit Service (GAS) and local authorities and ensuring that the development and introduction of accountability mechanisms and procedures for providing information on revenue and expenditure are initiated within the assigned district in the respective region.
• These accountability mechanisms and procedures in collaboration with Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) will also be extended to marginalised groups.
The Regional Accountability Advisor
• Is responsible for the implementation of accountability activities in districts under his/her region in close collaboration with IAA, GAS and CSOs
• Support partners like IAA, GAS, AC and CSOs in organising activities and facilitating trainings in the districts.
• Support Collaboration, Networking and Knowledge sharing amongst key partners at the Regional Level
• Ensure that the implemented activities are in line with the GIZ quality standards
• Contribute to the programme's short and long-term organisational planning and strategy, as well as contribute to the programmes Monitoring, reporting and knowledge management
• Strategic development and management of key relationships with partners
Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters/MSc Degree and technical expertise in Planning, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or other relevant discipline
• In-depth knowledge of Ghana's decentralisation system.
• Knowledge and working experience in the area of Accountability.
• Five (5) years professional experience in working with partners or topics related to IAA, GAS, AC or CSOs.
• Working experience with GIZ, similar development organisations and local government actors
• Ability to work remotely and communicate activities to line manager
• Excellent knowledge of the English language; ability to express oneself well both verbally and in writing
Competitive GIZ salary grid, SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus.
Upper West Region, Northern Region, Brong Ahafo, Eastern Region and Greater Accra Region
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed curriculum vitae and a one - page cover letter to:
under the job code 2020/GovID/02/02
and the specific region you are applying for.
Please consider your application unsuccessful.
25 February, 2020