The Regional Advisor (RA) will be part of the Regional Coordination Component of the Governance for Inclusive Development (GovID) Programme. The job will entail working with national institutions like the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development and other Ministries, Departments, Agencies (MDAs), as well as with sub-national institutions like Regional Coordination Councils (RCCs) and Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs.).
GovID follows a multi-level approach and supports its partners in establishing coordination mechanisms between subnational levels and the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development (MLGRD), the Ministry of Finance (MoF) and other relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies. In cooperation with the Regional Coordinating Councils (RCC), the programme supports the GovID approach at local level and develops the necessary capacities of the partner institutions in selected districts. In a tandem team with a GIZ international personnel, you are supporting the RCC to implement the programme activities. Project:
GovID Reports to:
Regional Coordinator Assignment Period:
01.03.2020 - 31.09.2022 Locations:
Sefwi Wiawso, Damango, Nalerigu, Techiman, Goaso Dambai Your Tasks
• Support the RCC in organising activities and facilitating trainings in the
• Advise and train the RCC in data collection and management.
• Facilitate a continuous exchange between RCC and districts.
• Promote the application of participatory planning methods, the inclusion of civil society, the empowerment of women and the consideration of the interests of minorities.
• Ensure knowledge transfer to programme information. Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree and technical expertise in one of the following areas: spatial planning, development planning, geography, public administration, international relations or comparable qualification.
• At least 4 years' professional experience in a project management position working knowledge and experience with the local government system In-depth knowledge of Ghana's decentralisation system and local governance.
• Good knowledge and experience in planning procedures and methods. Working experience in / with public administration, in particular at MMDA level.
• Knowledge in geographic information systems (GIS).
• Very good English skills, written and orally.
• Very good in M&E and strong reporting skills
• Intercultural communicational skills.
• Commitment to travel across the assigned region and within Ghana as the job may require.
• Driving licence and driving experience is an asset. Our Offer
Competitive GIZ salary grid, SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus Location:
Sefwi Wiawso, Damango, Nalerigu, Techiman, Goaso Dambai How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and a one - page cover letter to: [email protected]
under the job code 2020/GOV/01/01
with their preferred location. Closing Date:
14 February, 2020