This position works under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party or his/her delegate. The Clinical Advisor will oversee health program activities in malaria, family planning/reproductive health, nutrition and maternal, newborn and child health, including technical input and guidance. As a seconded position to Ghana Health Service/Regional Health Directorate, the Clinical Advisor will lead efforts liaising with the government, ensuring effective and high-quality, integrated health programs at the regional and district levels. Specific Responsibilities:
• Ensure the quality of activities being implemented conforms to MOH/GHS policy standards and guidelines.
• Provide support in integrated supportive supervision to the clinical staff.
• In coordination with the Regional Coordinator, liaise with the Regional Health Directorate, partners, sector working groups, and government stakeholders to ensure programmatic goals and strategies are in line with national and international priorities to reduce gaps in health systems and sustainability of quality projects.
• Conduct regular field visits to identify opportunities for expansion of and improvements in program efficiency and quality - especially in clinical areas.
• Work closely with the health teams to determine training needs and develop a training plan.
• Identify gaps in service delivery and develop strategies and plans to address them.
• Attend health coordination meetings and communicate relevant information to health staff and Regional Coordinator.
• Provide technical review and approval of technical contents of trainings and of information and education material to be reproduced and distributed in the communities.
• Provide technical assistance, feedback, and recommendations to support implementation of program activities, especially in quality improvement and staff capacity development around health program interventions.
• Participate in implementation of work-plan activities at regional level.
• Report on the clinical activities of the regional office, in a timely manner.
• Maintain flexibility and take on added responsibility as needed Qualification Required & Experience
• A medical doctor with six years relevant experience as a senior-level manager of health programs, or A Masters in Public Health Nursing with twelve years of public health nursing experience with good understanding of MNCH, RH/FP and Malaria areas is required.
• Proven leadership skills, including effective skills in developing interpersonal relationships, negotiations and conflict management;
• Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• Trainer-level knowledge and capabilities in clinical areas
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High comfort level writing and presenting data and information in a compelling way to different audiences. Please note:
Only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Location:
Accra and Takoradi How To Apply For The Job
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and Cover Letter, addressed to the:- HR & Admin. Officer, USAID Systems for Health Project, PMB CT 134, Accra -Ghana
Or email to:- [email protected]
indicating “Regional Clinical Advisor” and either “Central” or “Western” in the subject line. Closing Date:
21 September, 2015 Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.