KickStart International prides itself on being an award-Winning, global non-profit social enterpnse that develops and mass- markets low-cost Irrigation solutions that are bought by thousands of small-holder farmers In developing countries and used to increase their income by up to a factor of 10, enabling them to lift themselves sustainably out of poverty (See www.KickStart.org
for more Information).
Partnership and Sales
• The Regional Head for West Africa Will be responsible for developing, expanding, and reporting on our programme in West Africa covering Ghana, Nigeria, Mali, Burkina Faso and Senegal. These activities support the primary goal of getting people out of poverty in West Africa, by promoting the sales and usage of KickStart's MoneyMaker branded irrigation pumps through partners.
• He/she is also responsible for managing our programme and our staff in these countries,
Scope Of Role:
• Reports to: Director, Global Institutional Partnerships based In KickStart's Africa Office in Nairobi
• Staff directly reporting to this post: KickStart staff in Mali and Burkina Faso, Senegal, Nigeria. Ghana.
Nature And Scope:
• Responsible for setting a scalable and sustainable partnership model for KickStart in vvest Africa
• ldentify and engage relevant partner like international & local NGOs, farmer's organisations, corporate firms and stakeholders in agriculture including government agencies.
• Optimize KickStart economic sustainability and support fundraising activities for West Africa
• Establish an annual and long-term business plan based on KickStart Strategic Plan to lift one million people out of poverty by 2021 .
• Open partnership programmes in every country through collaboration with private sector distributors/NGOs or other institutions to stimulate adoption of MoneyMaker products and services.
• Design and implement the relevant partnership model for each country
• Manage and, where necessary, recruit appropriate staff and provide leadership, coaching, and support to the sales staff.
• Perform the due-diligence to understand the market potential and opportunities for MoneyMaker products in West Africa.
• Create the market development and sales plans for
• specific-countries in the region. Lead and manage the implementation of the plan to ensure growth in sales, social impacts, market share, and profitability in West Africa.
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting of KickStart's activities, finances and social Impacts.
• Regular market assessment and proactive development of countries specific sales and marketing plans with distributors to maximize sales and Impacts. This includes sales plans, pricing policies, and promotional plans for each distributor
• Actively promote products through product launches, demonstrations, product support and training for distributors, NGOs customers, thought leaders, and influencers.
• Actively manage customer and distributor accounts and collect outstanding receivables
• Develop and manage the operations budget for this programme and provide monthly updated sales forecast.
• Coordinate with KickStart international's Nairobi offices on both strategic (programme design and implementation) and tactical issues
Qualification Required & Experience
• 7 years of sales experience, Both private sector and social sector experience preferred.
• Bachelor degree required. MBA preferred
• At least 3 years' experience living and working in Sub-Saharan West Africa
• Good understanding of the agricultural market In West Africa preferred
• People Management Experience - managing, mentoring, and developing people and a high performing team
• Financial management experience - develop and manage operating plans and budgets
Skills And Behaviours:
• Strong customer focus and excellent personal communication & negotiation skills
• Results/Performance Orientation - proven "self-starter' who is flexible and adaptable
• Strong analytical abilities and detail oriented
• Shares KickStart's values and believe in its Mission
• Fluency In French and English required
• Willingness to travel for up to 60-70% every month
How To Apply For The Job
If you feel you are the right candidate for this job, please send your CV and cover letter to:-
quoting the position title on the subject line
30 September, 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted