Chemonics International, a US-based international development consulting firm, seeks an experienced HIV/AIDS Program Officer for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC - PSM) Program based in Ghana
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
• Coordinate and provide technical support to the Ghana Health Service (GHS) in regional forecasting of HIV/AIDS commodities and to prepare and regularly update regional supply plans.
• Regularly report on stock status of commodities, as well as health facility performance as relates to HIV commodity in prioritised facilities in identified Districts.
• Work with relevant stakeholders to facilitate transition of clients from old (nevirapine based formulations) to new regimen (TLD) as per updated ART guidelines
• To provide supply chain technical support for the implementation of multi-month dispensing of ARVs to identified clients in prioritised facilities
• Conduct monitoring and Supportive supervision visits to prioritised facilities in targeted districts to provide supply chain On-Job-Training and monitor performance to ensure continuous commodity availability.
• To provide technical assistance and logistical support to the MoH/GHS in HIV commodity distribution to ensure adequate stock to meet client needs.
• Inform leadership of potential regional level short-term technical assistance needs as required.
• Assist with preparing regional specific work plans, quarterly and annual reports, activity reports and other related communications.
• Provide technical support to staff of ART sites in prioritised facilities to ensure LMIS system is used to promote timely and accurate reporting.
• Support Regional Supply Chain Governance structures and Technical Working Groups with facility data analytics for improved regional level HIV supply chain decision-making
• Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills and/ or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
• Bachelor's degree in health systems, public policy, supply chain or a related field required; advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience.
• Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project will be an added
• Experience building effective relationships with cooperating partners and stakeholders, especially government counterparts at national and regional
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
• Fluency in English required
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in the Western Region, Ghana
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
03 February, 2020