Gold Fields Limited seeks to employ an experienced and suitably qualified individual for the position of Regional Human Resources Manager. Reporting to the Vice President and Head of Human Resources, the incumbent will be responsible for the management of the human resource function for the regional operations by implementing robust HR strategies, governance, systems, policies, and procedures.
• Assist in the development and implementation of regional People Strategy in alignment with Group People strategy, as well as regional socio-political and legislative frameworks
• Develop HR policies, systems, and procedures to underpin consistent business delivery
• Lead the implementation of fit-for-purpose structures and levels of work to achieve sustainable business results and priorities
• Embed the Gold Fields’ culture and performance frameworks in the operational areas
• Implement and manage benchmarked best practice (workforce planning, remuneration, information systems, automation, policies and procedures etc.) aligned and integrated to meet strategic business objectives.
• Ensure the realisation of Gold Fields values and code of conducts by embedding these in HR practices and systems and ensuring them integration into learning and development and employee recognition programs
• Build the people management capacities of line managers to drive business results through effective people management practices
• Ensure that best calibre of talents are attracted, recruited and retained in the region
• Provide leadership, technical expertise, coaching and mentoring to HR employees to ensure aligned and skilled staff capable of providing comprehensive people solutions to operations.
• Maintain an active involvement and influential position within relevant national and governmental bodies, regional professional and industry bodies, etc. to facilitate a supportive business-relevant external environment leading to the long-term sustainability of Gold Fields West Africa.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Human Resource Management (HRM) or related field.
• Professional certification with a recognised HRM institution will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in HRM, with at least 6 years in senior management role, within the mining or extractive industry
• Excellent knowledge of HR strategies, policies, and procedures development and implementation
• In-depth knowledge of people and business risks, regulations, industry and stakeholder trends in mining or extractive industry
• Sound knowledge of Labour Act, 2003 (Act 651) and demonstrated ability to interpret the Act for a range of complex business scenarios
• Critical, strategic and systems thinker, with capability to connect HR drivers and enablers to bottom-line results and key organisational parameters.
• Excellent understanding of the HR value chain and general mining/extractive environment
• Excellent written and presentation skills
• Excellent drive, passion, and learning agility
• Strong governance and ethical behaviour
Tarkwa and Damang
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
16 November, 2019