ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position: Regional Manager Job Role Role Overview:
• The role holder is expected is an experting both programme and project management with the capacity for both internal and externally facing.
• The role exists to ensure the systematic and consistent standards-based programme implementation in line with human-rights-based approach (HRBA) that connects local rights violations to national and internationally recognized human rights defenders and organisations.
• It also connects work on different mission priorities, focus areas and strategic enablers with grassroots social movements,campaigning and fundraising work. Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities: Strategic responsibilities
• Lead in regional strategy development,strategic planning and management processes of the region in line with ActionAid Ghana’s (AAG) Country Strategy Paper and Accountability Learning and Planning Systems (ALPS).
• Communicate and monitor AAG’s vision, values goals and strategic objectives in programme design and management through routine monitoring of programme and non-programme indicators against achievements.
• Support to develop national level policies and procedures to inform and guide management of AAG
• Support to coordinate mission objectives to ensure synergy between national and regional policy and programmes work.
• Participate in mission priority meetings as well as external meetings to input intopolicy decisions to improve quality of programmes. Operational Responsibilities
• Lead in the operational management of regional strategy implementation by advising and supporting staff, core and non-core partners of regional to develop annual critical pathways to ensurethat programme development and implementation is in line with the priorities of the Country Strategy Plan (CSP) and Action for Global Justice Coordinate Annual Plans and Budgetprocessesof theregion.
• Conduct regular review and reflections and planning meetings with communities and partnersto inform programme delivery.
• Facilitate phase out activities in LRPsand develop phase out strategyforthe entire region. Resource Management Responsibilities
• Support to translate and communicate management accounts and cash flow to staff and partners to improve programme quality and performance.
• Liaise with the finance unit to develop and institute cost effective strategies and systems to ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
• Facilitate effectiveness and efficiency in the use of financial resources by ensuring full and judicious utilization of funds and the integration of finance staff into programme.
• Ensure timeous reporting and documentation to improve relationships and accountability to donors and communities through quality reporting and regular update of accountability notice board. Fundraising responsibilities
• Actively lead to identify key issues that affect mission objectives in the region for fundraising
• Support staff, partners and community members to effectively manage child sponsorship and local community sponsorship in the region
• Explore opportunities for project proposal development and donor project management by supporting in writing concept notes and proposals to raise funds and manage and report on donor project.
• Effectively manage donor projects implemented in region ensuring donorsconditionalityare met Managing people
• Create an enabling environment for coaching, mentoring and equal opportunities to staff to improve competencies and motivation
• Ensure effective management of the LRP as well as individual performance in the team.
• Develop an effective team by enhancing co-operation among team members.
• Enhance learning and professional career development of staff through improved team spirit and increased staff competencies. Partnership and Coalitions
• Sustain partnership and networking relationships with key stakeholders in the region to influence policies and practices.
• Provide strategic support to increase understanding and appreciation of changes in the organization by supporting staff and partners to deepen their understanding of rights based approach and government policies and practices that need to be engaged.
• Monitor partners programmes and relationships to ensure that they are HRBA compliant as well as meeting the ALPS principles.
• Raise AAG’s profile within the region through highlighting AAG’s best practices at fora and other public events.
• Guide the work of coalitions and constituents organizations / institutions in such a manner as to achieve set objectives.
• Networking, coalition and alliance building with movements and peoples organisations for advocacy and campaigns work
• Capacity assessment and building of people’s organisations, networks, coalitions, social movements for programme delivery Qualification Required & Experience
• 2ndDegree _+ 5 years’ relevant experience
• 1stDegree +10 years’ relevant experience
• Membership of relevant professional body Essential Knowledge and Experience
• HRBA Programming
• Monitoring and Evaluation
• People Management
• Project Management
• Fundraising and Lobbying skills Location:
Wa-Upper West Region How to Apply For The Job
Please note that Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable. Click Here To Download Application Forms
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to: [email protected] Closing Date:
04 March, 2020
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. “ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”