USAID funded Ghana Systems for Health (S4H) Project is seeking an experienced Quality Improvement Specialist. The Quality Improvement (QI) Specialist will work closely with other project staff as well as Ghana Health Service at the regional level to develop and/or strengthen plans to implement high-impact integrated clinical interventions. This will include enhancing the capacity of regional, district, and sub-district managers as well as health providers to apply QI principles to strengthen health service delivery Specific Responsibilities:
• Provide technical support to regional, district and sub district health teams in reviewing capacity and progress in using QI to improve compliance with national guidelines.
• Facilitate regular peer exchange and shared learning opportunities within sub-districts, districts and regions.
• Support the dissemination of coaching tools and materials
• Provide technical support and coaching as needed to regions, districts, and subdistricts to carry out supportive supervision of health facilities.
• Strengthening communication about quality improvement and exchange of best practices among project stakeholders in order to expand capacity and further increase support for quality improvement
• Synthesize, document and disseminate the process of institutionalizing quality of care into existing health service structures.
• Any other tasks as assigned by the QI Advisor Qualification Required & Experience
• Medical degree and public health experience required with a postgraduate qualification in public health highly desired
• Minimum of five years’ experience working in public health programs in Ghana at decentralized levels
• Prior experience in quality improvement methods in a health setting
• Expertise in results reporting and narrative report writing
• Good diplomatic, representational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and with team members and partners at all levels
• Capacity to manage numerous tasks and report in a timely manner
• Experience with USG-funded projects is an added advantage Please note:
Only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Location:
Takoradi and Ho, Volta Region How To Apply For The Job
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and Cover Letter, addressed to the:- HR & Admin. Officer, USAID Systems for Health Project, PMB CT 134, Accra -Ghana
Or email to:- [email protected]
indicating “Regional Quality Improvement Specialist” and either “Volta” or “Western” in the subject line. Closing Date:
21 September, 2015 Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.