University of Cape Coast
Education / Training
Job Vacancy For Registrar
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Registrar which will soon become vacant at University of Cape Coast
• The Registrar is the Chief Administrative officer of the Vice Chancellor and the University and is responsible for the general administration of the University and for providing guidance for the framework within which policies are made.
• He/She is the Secretary of the University Council and the Academic Board, and is responsible for providing secretarial services to all boards anm rommittees of the University.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicants must possess postgraduate degree in Educational Administration, Administration in Higher Education, General Management or any related relevant discipline with not less than 15 years post-qualification working experience in a reputable tertiary education institution or analogous organization.
• Applicants must be dynamic individuals with extensive administrative, management, leadership and professional competencies.
In addition, they must have:
• Evidence of in-depth grasp and application of administrative systems and procedures.
• Significant leadership experience at a senior level in a higher education or analogous institution.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, articulate and imp4ement strategic thrusts.
• A record of creativity, innovation and change management in higher education administration.
• An in-depth understanding of the social, political and economic environment in which Ghanaian universities operate.
• A sound appreciation of emerging global trends in higher education.
• Commitment to the highest level of personal and professional integrity.
Conditions of Service
Conditions of service are as applicable in Public Universities in Ghana.
Location: Cape Coast
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should:
• Submit seven (7) copies of their applications together with their Curriculum Vitae, certificates and other relevant documents.
• Provide a minimum of two (2) pages and a maximum of four (4) pages, their vision for the University and the strategies for achieving it.
• Request three (3) referees to submit reports on them directly to the Chair, Search Committee (Post of Registrar).
Applications are to be submitted/lodged to:
Search Committee (Post of Registrar),
c/o Council Secretariat,
University of Cape Coast, Ghana
Universities of Ghana Overseas Ofhce,
321 City Road, London ECIV ILJ,
Closing Date: 28 February, 2020