Accra Technical University is located in the central business district of Accra, the Capital City of Ghana. The University was converted from a Polytechnic to a Technical University in September 2016 by an Act of Parliament establishing Technical Universities in Ghana. The University has been mandated by the Technical Universities Act, (Act 922), to provide higher education in engineering, science and technology-based disciplines, technical and vocational education and training, applied arts and related disciplines.
The University has a staff of about 600 made up of faculty, senior administrative officers and other supporting staff and a student population of about 16,000 made up of full and part time students offering various academic and professional programmes. The Vision of the University is to be a Technical University of global excellence in competency-based and practice-oriented training, applied research and technology transfer.
• Reporting to the Vice-Chancellor, the Registrar shall be the Chief Administrative Officer of the University.
• The Registrar shall be responsible for coordination of the University's strategic planning, policy formulation and implementation.
• The Registrar shall be responsible for supervision of the day-to-day operations of the offices within the Registry, including student admissions, examinations and records, student affairs, human resources and general administration.
• The Registrar shall be the Secretary to the Governing Council and the Academic Board of the University.
• The Registrar shall be responsible for the custody of Accra Technical University Seal and for affixing same to relevant documents of the Governing Council and the Academic Board.
• The Registrar shall be responsible for the custody of all legal documents and records of the University.
• The Registrar shall be responsible for publishing policy decisions of the Governing Council and the Academic Board of the University.
• The Registrar shall perform any other functions as may be assigned by the Governing Council or delegated by the Vice-Chancellor of the University
Terms of Appointment
• The Registrar shall hold office for an initial term of four (4) years. The appointment may be renewed, upon application for a further term of up to four (4) years only if that is not beyond the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
• The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the University Governing Council consistent with the Technical Universities Act 2016 (Act 922) and the Statutes of the University.
• The salary and Conditions of Service attached to this position are very attractive and are comparable to those in analogous universities in Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a servant leader and be capable to plan, organize, implement, and administratively manage all activities related to the Office of the Registrar.
• The Person must be able to provide sound advice to the Vice-Chancellor on all issues affecting the administrative functions of the University.
• Must have wide experience in the management of students and staff records in a manner that is consistent with the University's mission and accreditation standards.
• Must possess excellent relational, communications, academic and administrative skills.
• Be able to identify the Mission and Vision and develop implementation strategy to achieve the same.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and a commitment to outstanding student service.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with students, administrators and external agencies.
• Must be able to work with and influence others to achieve operational requirements.
• Must be able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to counsel students and provide advice and directions as appropriate to resolve issues and complaints
• Must have a minimum of Masters' degree preferably in Administration, Management related area and preferably a professional qualification in the relevant discipline.
• Must have at least twelve (12) years post qualification working experience in a senior academic position in a tertiary education or related institution.
• Must be able to serve a full FOUR-YEAR (4) term of office before attaining the compulsory retirement age of SIXTY (60) years.
How To Apply For The Job
• Candidates are to submit an application letter and completed application forms obtained from the University’s website at www.atu.edu.gh
• Applicants are to attach Curriculum Vitae and request three (3) referees to submit recommendation reports on the applicant to the stated address below.
• Applicants are to include a short statement of not more than four pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation.
• Applications must be delivered in a sealed envelope to the Registry of the University and also emailed to reach the address below (as applicable) not later than July, 24th 2020.
• Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
Search Committee for Registrar
c/o Office of the Registrar
Accra Technical University
P. O. Box 561
Email: [email protected]
Emall: [email protected]
22 July, 2020