Methodist University College Ghana
Education / Training
Job Vacancy For Registrar
The Methodist University College Ghana, a faith-based and multi-campus university college established in the year 2000, invites applications from qualified, results-driven and competent administrators to fill a vacant position as the Registrar of the University college.
• The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer and is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the university college under the principal and in accordance with policy directives of the University council
• The Registrar is also the secretary to the University council and the academic board
• S/he provides strategic advice and briefings to the Principal and is expected to provide leadership and management across a wide range of activities.
• In this regard, the University college seeks candidates with the vision, proven administrative and academic distrinction, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public lifer.
• The right candidate shall a person of high integrity, strong moral character with excellent interpersonal relations and must be able to instil confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people
• The candidate must fully understand the complexity of a University system and must be able to effectively utilise its human resources to attain a world-class administrative system.
• In addition, the Registrar must be able to demonstrate dynamism and wisdom when confronted with crises or undesirable situations
• S/he must also be an achiever who should show exceptional abilities for institutional loyalty and networking with outside world.
Qualification required & experience
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate high qualities of sound judgement, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism and must:
• Possess at least a Master's Degree in relevant areas such as public administration, administration or any other relevant field of study. A legal background will be an added advantage
• Have at least 12 years post-qualification experience in tertiary education management or in management position in dustry, or any relevant public service organisation. At least 6 out of the relevant years of experience should have been at a Senior Assistant Registrar or equivalent senior management level in a private or public service. A Deputy Registrar level or postgraduate research degree will be an added advantage
• Demonstrate evidence of management writings that have contributed to the effective management of an institution of higher learning or industry
• Have strong intellect with excellent managerial, communication and interpersonal skills
• Be principled with strong and proven sense of morality and integrity
• Have an understanding of the history and evolution of universities, as well as local higher education policies and practice
• Have considerable experience in dealing with a wide range of internal and external publics
• Be a member of a recognized relevant professional association
Terms of Appointment
• The appointment is full time. Successful applicant should be able to serve at least 4 years in office before reaching the age of 65 years
Conditions of Service
• Salary and fringe benefits attached to the position are attractive
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should send 10 copies of their application package, including the following:
• Curriculum vitae with documentation on personal history, academic credentials and work experience
• Statement of vision of not more than 4 pages in standard font size of 12pt and one-and-half line spacing indicating how they would use their position to advance the vision and mission of the university college
• 3 referee reports to be sent directly to the address below. and
• Applicants should ensure that the package reaches the address.
Interested applicants must submit their applications, marked as: "Application for the Post of Registrar" to:
c/o The Office of the Principal
Methodist University College Ghana
Post Office Box DC 940
Dansonman - Accra
Closing Date: 29 March, 2019