GIMPA is a public tertiary institution established pursuant to the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration Act, 2004 (Act 676), to provide education, training and services in the fields of leadership, management and public administration for the public sector, the private sector and non-governmental organizations. The Institute currently offers a number of undergraduate and post-graduate programmes in business, law, management and related fields.
The Institute is seeking to fill the vacant position of a Registrar/ Secretary. Job Summary:
• The Registrar/Secretary shall be the Chief Operating Officer of the Institute and shall be responsible for the general administration and management of the Institute and for providing guidelines for the framework within which policies are made. Duties and Responsibilities: Under the general direction of the Council and the Rector, the Registrar/Secretary shall:
• Be responsible for the business of the Council
• Exercise administrative control over the administrative, professional, infrastructural and municipal service units of the Institute
• Be a member of statutory boards and committees of the Institute as provided for in the Statutes or as may be decided by Academic Board
• Assist the Rector to take executive action on decisions of these boards and committees as appropriate; and perform such other functions as the Council or Rector may direct. Salary:
Very attractive and competitive Qualification Required & Experience
• Candidates must hold at least a Master's degree with not less than fifteen (15) years post-graduation working experience, five years of which must be in a senior management position.
• Experience in a tertiary education institution will be an advantage.
• Candidates must be self-motivated individuals with leadership and management abilities to serve as part of a management team dedicated to providing excellent services in an academic environment. Competences/ Attributes:
• Leadership Skills
• Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Information Technology Communication Skills
• Negotiation Skills
• Appreciation of Tertiary Education Environment, both Local and International Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants may submit their application, including their most recent curriculum vitae to the following address: The Human Resource Manager Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) P. O. Box AH 50 Achimota, Accra
A soft copy of the application should also be sent to: [email protected]
• Candidates should enclose two copies of their curriculum vitae indicating their qualifications, working experience, publications, etc.
• Candidates should also send, in a maximum of three pages, their vision for the position and the strategies for achieving it.
• Candidates should request three referees to submit reports on them to the addresses indicated above.
• Candidates should provide active email addresses and telephone numbers in their applications. Closing Date:
26 February, 2016