Our client is a renowned multinational company and major player in various sectors in selected African and Asian countries. Our client is currently in the process of expanding its operations and is seeking to engage globally minded and experienced individuals with successful track record in the specific fields to manage the affairs of the company.
Develop and implement media and related external communications strategy:
• Proactively increases the positive visibility of ESPA’s activities and results worldwide with the media and among key stakeholders, ensuring the development and implementation of a media outreach plan, key messages, and work plans to achieve Communications goals;
• Advises Executive Secretary and National Executive Committee on media outreach and other communications activities and mobilizes Communications Group video/multi-media/drafting/editing/messaging capacity to support key communications initiatives, especially in times/issues of high potential global visibility including important public events, crises, elections and other newsworthy opportunities;
• Directly supports the Executive Secretary in handling Communications aspects of reputational risk issues; manage the website and journals
Oversees media relations and news coverage:
• Leads the Media and Advocacy Team in all media outreach activities;
• Provides leadership and oversight in order to target journalists from in donor and programme countries and to develop communications tools (press briefings, feature stories and op-eds) to implement the media outreach plan;
• Ensures that all media relations efforts are focused on improving ESPA’s positioning in priority areas as well as leading the Team to spot and take advantage of newsworthy opportunities and emerging stories;
• Increases EPSA’s visibility through new and innovative partnerships with media organizations, including new media, and through Goodwill Ambassadors and celebrity engagement:
• Through the fostering of new partnerships with media, private sector and other organizations, works to increase the visibility of ESPA’s activities and advocacy including through Public Service Announcements, public information and profile and awareness-raising campaigns, public events;
• Provides ongoing strategic direction, advice and guidance in the organization of campaigns and advocacy activities and, working closely and collaboratively with the Executive Secretary, Online and Digital Communications and with the rest of the Online team, leverages social media and multimedia in all communications activities, including the production and dissemination of video and other digital and visual communications products;
• Serves as Editor in Chief of news and stories produced by the Media and Advocacy team:
• Gives strong, strategic and creative editorial direction and guidance for news and feature stories, op-eds, videos, statements, press materials. Ensures that all written and multimedia external materials produced by the Team are of excellent quality.
Qualification Required & Experience
He or she must have:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent with practical knowledge of Journalism, Public relations and or communications.
• He/ she must have practical knowledge of website management, media reporting and use managing media organisations.
• He or she must be competent in and/or pay: Attention to detail and accuracy; planning and organizing; scheduling and monitoring; communication skills; problem analysis and problem-solving skills; initiative; team work; confidentiality.
How To Apply For The Job
PLEASE SEND ALL DETAILS AND CURRECT CVs, with copies of relevant documents (certificates, transcripts etc. as well as email address and mobile phone numbers) to:
KEKJASON Ghana Limited
P. O. Box GPO 3126
Or By Email:
OR [email protected]
• Please indicate clearly the job titles for which you apply.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• You can also make enquiries on +233 20 7000 171
28 January, 2016