Transforming Teaching, Education & Learning (T-TEL) is a newly formed Ghanaian not-for-profit organisation which aims to become a leading supplier of educational technical assistance for improving learning outcomes and greater productivity.
T-TEL is now recruiting for several technical and operational roles with an anticipated start date of September 2020. All positions are dependent upon securing donor funds and are based in Accra unless stated. Job Title:
Research & Learning Coordinator Reporting and Management
• Reports to Executive Director
• Works closely with Key Advisor Research & Learning
• No line management responsibility Job Description Responsible for working closely with the Key Adviser Research & Learning to oversee the following activities and tasks:
• Responsible for leading the Research & Learning component including establishment of Monitoring system and integration within the Ministry of Education’s performance management framework. Also responsible for designing, commissioning and implementing research studies and overseeing the annual external programme evaluation study.
• Develop and update, when required, the M&E Manual.
• Review and update, on an annual basis, the M&E Framework.
• Ensure that there is an efficient and effective Management Information System operating across all programme components.
• In coordination with other programme staff, develop reporting tools and implement tracking systems to monitor progress.
• Conduct regular monitoring of implementation to track milestones, compliance, timelines and deliverables, including through the analysis of periodic reports and provision of feedback to partners.
• Support partners to apply the M&E system in their management system, and provide training on administration of data-base and on administration of self-administered tools.
• Devise learning and knowledge management strategies and approaches, based on the data and information collected from the M&E system, highlighting trends and other facts that can be used to aid decision-making and/or future strategies. Qualification Required & Experience Candidate Specification
• Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in statistics, applied research or a relevant discipline.
• A minimum of 5 years demonstrable working experience of applied monitoring and evaluation;
• Knowledge and experience of conducting questionnaires/surveys and facilitating focus groups;
• Supervising personnel in data collection and data recording techniques, ensuring quality assurance and quality control;
• Experience of data analysis, knowledge management and report writing;
• Experience with a data-base management system and producing written analysis based on aggregate data;
• Conducting workshops and delivering presentations;
• Excellent managerial and planning skills including the ability to develop complex multifaceted workplans and see them through to completion.
• Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders.
• Well-organised, task- and time- oriented, and with close attention to detail.
• Good ICT and report writing skills including experience in preparing donor reports.
• Independent with the ability to use own initiative and ability to be flexible Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applications are to be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter. Closing Date:
18 July, 2020