• To nurture and protect the social and educational development of learners in the Institute’s Hostels so as to ensure that students are healthy, safe, supported and protected from abuse to enable them develop their full potential and make excellent progress in their vocational pursuits.
• The Hostel Facilitator is a crucial link in the smooth administration of the Hostels and consequent pastoral care related activities
aimed at achieving the Institute’s mission and vision for its students.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive and assign students to rooms with due regard to their age.
• Guide new students to settle into the Hostel routine.
• Contribute to and participate in the Orientation Programs for new students.
• Organize and supervise prep, games, in-house Christian services, entertainment, visiting periods, excursions / outings.
• Report all maintenance problems.
• Ensure the general upkeep of designated hostels and surroundings and maintain hygienic conditions.
• Issue supplies to students.
• Keep an inventory list of hostel items and care for school property assigned to his/her hostels.
• Be conversant with the Institute’s Rules and Regulations (particularly those pertaining to the hostels) and related policies in order to maintain discipline.
• Handle general health problems of students including arranging for food and necessary catering for the sick in consultation with the Matron and the School Nurse.
• Conduct daily, weekly and monthly Hostel Inspections, coordinated by the Dean of Students.
• Operate the daily routine for students as developed by the Institute authorities.
1.0 Pastoral Care
• Engender a pleasant and congenial atmosphere in which students are happy.
• Liaise with and maintain appropriate, cooperative and mutually beneficial relations with the parents/guardians of students in his/her hostels.
• Know each student in his/her hostel well as an individual, monitor how he/she is coping with hostel life and academic work and to seek ways to guide and support those facing challenges.
• Liaise with clinical psychologist and the Dean of Students for students needing or receiving support lessons and monitor progress.
• Alert the Institute authorities about students having problems.
• Guide, rebuke and correct students when they go wrong.
• Guide students to develop leadership qualities by modeling same and providing avenues for students to take charge of some aspect of hostel life
• Hold regular hostel and other small-group meetings especially the scheduled Sunday evening meetings with the students to discuss their welfare and related hostel issues and report any major issues that may come up at such meetings.
• Issue students with the appropriate Medical Forms and Outing/Exeat slips when necessary.
• Keep a Visitors Book, Health Register and Outing/Exeat booklets.
• Submit weekly, monthly or termly requirements for supplies and maintenance to the Dean of Students/Facilities Manager.
• Write hostel reports on each student three weeks before the end of each term.
• Submit an end-of-year report on the hostels.
• Carry out end – of – year procedures as directed.
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Any area of study preferably in the Social Sciences.
• At least 5-10years experience in a similar role..
• People Management
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Excellent Listening Skills
• Team player
Ability to be
• Attentive to the peculiar needs of young adults
How To Apply For The Job
All CV’s and applications letters are to be submitted electronically to:
All applicants should clearly state the role they are applying for in the subject of the email and application letter..
23 June, 2023