• Responsible for overall coordination, planning, development, and management of a resource mobilisation and partnership strategy to engage relevant partners, raise the necessary funds, and support accountability of transparent contribution management.
• Assist in communications, event planning, data collection and the general administration of GMEF.
• Responsible for the analysis and management of the relationship with private and government partners and of all fundraising channels and activities, ensuring engaged and long-term partnerships, as weli as flexible and unrestricted resources for GMEF.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Substantially contribute to the development of the resource mobilisation and partnership strategy for GMEF.
2) Coordinate the implementation of the resource mobilisation and partnership strategy, including (among other things):
• Actively explore new partnership opportunities, reach out to potential partners and build lasting relationships to generate a sustainable funding stream for GMEF. The goal of this activity is to make the position of Resource Mobilisation and Ad ministrative Officer self-sustainable, i.e. the implementation of the strategy will generate sufficient resources to maintain the position beyond year I,and provide a sustainable funding for GMEF
• Develop communication tools, brochures and materials, and manage the website and the blog.
• Manage the membership directory, including contact details updates, fee collection, etc.
• Develop and disseminate e-newsletter to all members and partners.
• Manage any other private sponsorship or partnership that may arise.
• Network and liaise with local and international M&E institutions and actors.
• Further develop and regularly expand and update an online repository on M&E.
• Manage the GMEF website, email and keep general correspondence updated.
3) Assist in organising the quarterly and other fora/forums/events.
4) Assist in developing content, planning and logistics for annual national conference.
5) Assist with GMEF's accounting and financial procedures, including:
• Recording and tracking of receipts;
• Reconciliation of accounts
• Recordkeeping and preparation of financial reports
6) And any other task, as agreed, with the Coordinator, Steering Committee, or the UNICEF M&E Specialist
The following are the expected deliverables:
• Resource Mobilisation Strategy and implementation plan for GMEF.
• Set of new GMEF brochures and communication materials.
• Monthly newsletter and website updates.
• Monthly report on status of activities, including updates on membership base and revenue generated
Qualification Required & Experience
• 3 to 5 years of professional experience in the field of resource mobilisation, fundraising, administration, external communications and/or marketing.
• Degree in a relevant field
• Previous experience in development work and/or specifically in Monitoring and Evaluation will be an asset.
• Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
• Basic Administrative and accounting skills.
• Motivated, dynamic team player.
• Experience in grants/subcontract management required, an asset.
• Ability to work coilaboratively and effectively with colleagues at all levels, as well as internal and external clients.
• Excellent organisational and analytical skills.
• Web design skills will be an asset.
• Excellent knowledge in use of Microsoft Office Suite (MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Efficient time management skills, personal organisation and self-management required.
How To Apply For The Job
The above is a short description of the consultancy. Interested candidates can request the full terms of reference, or apply directly by sending their CV and cover letter by email to:-
12 May, 2015