Hotel & Restaurant
Job Vacancy For Restaurant Manager At Kumasi Polytechnic
Applications are invited from qualified persons to fill the vacant position of Restaurant Manager.
The Restuarant Manager is responsible for the supervision, control and training schedule of students and the overall operation of the training restaurant. Key responsibility areas include: team performance, compilation of menus, the purchasing of all materials, increased sales and profilability, effective cost controls and development, training and retention of key actively to ensure the restaurant meets financial and operating goals. Submit monthly/quarterly report to management.
• Ensure that the restaurant operates efficiently and effectively within the institutions's fiscal and operational guidelines.
• Ensure adherence to all local and state laws and reputations.
• Develop initiatives to build sales, profitability and guest counts. Maintain effective cost controls in support of these initiatives.
• Ensure all safety and security systems and procedures are followed to ensure health and safety of employees and guests.
• Ensure secure, safe handling and transporation of fund.
• Be responsible for the physical/aesthetic maintenance of the restaurant.
Food Preparation and Production
• Determine portion size in relation to selling price.
• Ensure that all menu items are made according to recipes, products and production procedures.
• Ensure established standards of food safety and sanitation are maintained.
• Purchase food products within established guidelines. Oversee correct receipt, storage and handling of food products to ensure quality and freshness at all times.
Guest and Associates
• Respond to quest comment and criticism in a constructive and positive manner, looking at such as an opportunity to build guest count.
• Educate and empower subordinate and associates to act in a similar capacity.
• Ensure a safe and secure work and dining environment for associates and guests.
Applicants must possess first degree or HND in Hotel, Catering and institution Management or related field. They must also have five years industrial experience (for Degree holders) and seven years for HND holders.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should apply in writing to:-
Applicants should include their CVs, photocopies of their certificates, names and addresses of three referees and all relevant documents. Applicants should not be less than 40 years old.
Closing Date: 07 December, 2012