Job Vacancy For RF Optimization Performance Specialist
• The successful candidate will join as a Specialist for RF Optimization Performance in the Networks Department. (S)He will report to the Head, RF Planning and Optimization. The holder will manage and provide effective leadership to the Radio Optimization and Performance team to optimize the radio network to ensure that network quality and customer experience meet AT KPIs, regulatory KPIs, and revenue objectives.
• Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) advise across multiple RF-associated disciplines, including radio-frequency (RF) planning, RAN Network technology (2G/3G/4G/), and introduction to 5G technologies
• Manage and drive sub-contractors and suppliers to meet developed design criteria for RF-related and network development projects for network acceptance.
• Oversight responsibility of Cells, BSCs, RNC, and Network level performance, to ensure that all radio KPIs meet AT targets.
• Seek out modern technologies and undertake optimization trials of new features & parameters and be responsible for best practices deployments.
• Close liaison with managed service engineers for timely resolution of 2G/3G degrading KPIs that impact on customer experience.
• Coordinate QoS Network benchmarking and cluster optimization activities, analyze drive test log files, and validate all actions implemented to resolve issues identified.
• Responsible for RF optimization annual program and effective implementation to provide the best experience to AT customers
• Ensure all radio KPIs meet agreed-upon thresholds by tracking worst cells and ensuring effective & timely resolution of them
• Support the Commercial and Enterprise teams to meet customer complaints related to RF issues and deliver cost-effective solutions
Key Performance Indicators
• Radio Performance KPIs within agreed thresholds
• Resolution of RF-related customer complaints within agreed timelines.
• Delivery of QoS benchmark & cluster optimization reports with clear action plans for improvement
• Delivery of RF optimization program
Qualification Required & Experience
• A University degree in any field but with emphasis on Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering Technology or related fields
• Project management experience and skills. PMP or PRINCE2 certifications an added advantage
• A minimum of Four (4)- Six (6) years or more experience in a similar role.
• Highly proficient with cellular network design & operational telecoms principles, cellular wireless technologies, radio access network design theory for 2G/3G/4G technologies and an introduction to 5G technologies.
• Intermediate or higher-level Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
• Understanding of RF topology and propagation characteristics, including but not limited to 2G/3G/4G/5G technologies based on the 3GPP reference architectures
• Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in delivering high-quality solutions
• Strong organizational skills: ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed-upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
• Strong follow-up skills: ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs as needed
• Ability to lead, motivate, and manage for results
• Strong mapping skills, including experience working with professional-grade mapping software
• Desire to learn and understand new wireless infrastructure offerings
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject
Closing Date: 04 September, 2023
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AT, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are, Simplicity, Transparency and Relevance. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.