A reputable non-bank financial institution is seeking to recruit a Risk Management Officer to manage its financial and non-financial risks in accordance with the Company's strategic direction
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To design and implement an overall risk management framework, risk policies and procedures for the organisation.
Performing risk assessment:
• To identify current and potential risks and analyse their impact on the company's image, operations and profitability.
Performing risk evaluation:
• To evaluate the company's previous handling of risks and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements.
• To educate the board of directors about the most significant risks to the business; ensuring heads of departments understand the risks that might affect their departments; ensuring individuals understand their own accountability for individual risks.
• To implement Health & Safety Policies, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans of the Company.
• Evaluate effects of proposed Risk Management measures against current processes and procedures.
• Produce risk reports and present same to Risk Management Committee for adoption.
Qualification Required & Experience
• First degree in Insurance, Risk Management, Law, Engineering, Actuarial Science or Financial Management
• Minimum of eight (8) years' experience in Risk Management preferably in an insurance industry.
• Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience in a managerial position.
• Must be a member of any of the following professional bodies like Institute of Risk Management (IRM), Chartered Insurance Institute (Cll), Actuarial Society
• A postgraduate degree in Risk Management will be an added advantage.
• A good knowledge of Risk Management Framework.
• Ability to design and implement a Risk Management Strategy.
• A good understanding of the Risk Management Process.
• Ability to conduct risk analysis, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
• A good knowledge and understanding of the major risk area
• Good leadership skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Numerical skills
• Planning and organisational skills
• Excellent communication and Presentation skills.
• Ability to cope with work and time pressure.
• Ability to pay attention.
• Good report writing skills.
• Must be a team player.
• Ability to organise and execute work to meet tight deadlines.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should please send their application and CVs to:
14 November, 2019