The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Risk Officers.
Chief Risk Officer
Assistant Risk Officer
Coordinating the identification, assessment, mitigation, monitoring and reporting of risks in the University.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assisting the Chief Risk Officer in the development and deployment of core enterprise risk management tools including risk identification, assessment, prioritization, mitigation, monitoring and reporting.
• Working with risk owners to identify and monitor emergent risks and reporting on them.
• Supporting risk owners to complete periodic risk analysis and developing risk documentations and reports.
• Assisting the Chief Risk Officer to deploy business continuity, disaster recovery and emergency response procedures across the University.
• Educating the University community on the University’s risk management strategy.
• Training and communicating with the University staff on the University’s Risk Management Policy, Framework and Guidelines.
• Submitting periodic reports on the status of risk management to the Chief Risk Officer.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Candidate must possess a relevant Bachelor’s & Master’s Degree in Risk Management, Auditing, Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Statistics or Insurance with a minimum of five (5) years working experience in Enterprise Risk Management.
• Membership of a professional Risk Management Body is highly desirable.
• Communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Team-work skills
• Presentation skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Information Technology skills
• Project management skills
• Sound judgement
The appointments shall normally be for six years including a probationary period. The appointment shall be reviewed before the end of the sixth year and may be renewed.
How To Apply For The Job
An applicant is required to submit the complete application dossier to
University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 25,
Legon, Accra, Ghan
or [email protected]
The application pack should contain the following: · Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional Staff Application: (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
• a cover letter expressing interest,
• a detailed curriculum vitae
• copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
30 June, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.