The HSS Supervisor is responsible for leading the site safety communication and training and ensure that laid down controls are being adhered to by all. He/She is responsible for the planned inspection of equipment and plants as well as emergency safety equipment on site. He/she will directly collaborate with contractor Safety Officers and Engineering Supervisors to enforce the requirements of the project HSS plan.
The HSS Supervisor’s duties will include, but will not be limited to, taking particular responsibility for;
• Assisting in the achievement of HSS goals and initiatives by enforcing HSS policies and procedures in compliance with national regulations as they apply to the project.
• Reviewing method statements and ensuring that all site activities are risk assessed and required controls are implemented before any activity commences.
• Ensuring adherence to project policies, procedures, and rules at all work fronts.
• Facilitating safety meetings with contractors and subcontractors, training on SOP’s and various miscellaneous initiatives as requested.
• Leading pre-task briefings and toolbox talks on site.
• Considering the appropriateness of protective equipment and ensuring employees have everything they need to work safely.
• Conducting daily site inspections and surveys and leading the close out of any deviations on site.
• Ensuring safe operation of all equipment through timely equipment inspections by all contractors and subcontractors
• Implementing and enforcing the project Permit to Work (PTW) system for high-risk activities.
• Training and enforcing the stop work (red card) policy
• Ensuring that all incidents including near misses and complaints are reported, investigated, and follow up actions are implemented.
• Leading and supporting the onsite emergency response for all emergency situations.
• Maintaining proper records of all site activities and preparing reports to the HSS Manager
• Monitoring employee’s safety performance and recommending incentives or disciplinary actions for workers.
• Under direct supervision, implements policies and procedures to assure awareness of and compliance with health and safety requirements of the organization.
• Provides technical leadership and functional guidance to ensure regulatory standards are being enforced.
• Ensures that quality control procedures are executed to monitor all aspects of regulations.
• Serves in a liaison capacity with the resident contract agency representative and other various agencies engaged in promoting environmental safety and health activities.
• Drafts all necessary reports to federal, state and local agencies.
• Coordinates audits of health and safety programs within the organization.
• Assists in the development and conducts basic health, safety and environment (HSE) training to employees.
• Communicates programs to enhance employee awareness of prevention and compliance.
• May administer a HSE program on a small to medium sized, specialized, project or multiple projects.
• Prepares reports and recommends corrective action.Technically responsible for a major phase or component of a project.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
25 February, 2023