A reputable firm in the construction industry for oil and gas with projects in Sekondi-Takoradi invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the following vacant roles: Scaffolding Supervisor
The scaffolding Supervisor is expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Belmet 7 work-site and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
• Responsibility for Scaffolding team on site
• Organise and monitor scaffolding activities
• Prepare and keep records of scaffolding activities
• Inspect and certify scaffolding's on site
• Liaise with HR department and management to organise refresher course and training
• Organise fixing of guard rails and safety netting
• Organise taking down of the scaffolding after a job is finished
• Organise ground setting with the fabrication manager
• Organise putting up the scaffolding poles (standards) and attaching the horizontal tubes (ledgers) to them with couples
• Organise unloading scaffolding equipment at the site
• Organise fixing the scaffolding to the building or structure to make it more stable, using short "tie tubes".
• Organise laying planks (battens) across the scaffolding for workers to walk on
• Provide safety advice to scaffolding team
• Carry out site surveys and ensure that the safety precautions are constantly enforced.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Candidate must have minimum of tertiary technical education, on-the job training, relevant additional training or courses attended with at least 5 years experience in similar position of supervision of scaffolding in previous job.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should submit their applications and curriculum vitae with copies of relevant certificates to:
or [email protected]
20 January, 2016