Brainy Bairn is a rapidly growing International school located in richly diverse community of West Legon, Accra. We run the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) curriculum. Our school is home to both Ghanaian and international students aged between 9months and 18 years old.
We are looking to recruit a qualified teacher for the position of Science and Mathematics Teacher in the secondary school department.
Qualification Required & Experience
• The ideal candidate for this position would hold an honours degree in Science or a related course from a recognized University. An additional qualification in education is desirable but not essential.
• Must be able to teach three Science and Mathematics related subjects.
The prospective candidate for this position must have the following skills and experience:
Job Description and Person Specification
• A good honours degree in Science and Mathematics or a related course.
• Ability to teach at least three Science and Mathematics related subjects.
• A commitment to work with children in a child-centered school.
• Some teaching experience in any learning environment for children and young adults will be desirable.
• Some experience or knowledge of teaching the Cambridge International Education curriculum will be desirable.
• A good communicator ready to be an excellent role model for children.
• Very strong ICT skills; ability to use ICT as the central tool in the delivery of all lessons.
• Strong knowledge in how to conduct scientific research and analysis of scientific data is essential.
• Ability to create opportunities to encourage students to learn and participate in science is desired.
• Must be able to proactively organize STEM extra curricula activities to create opportunities for students to apply scientific knowledge.
• Ability to work in a proactive manner, able to make quick decisions, prioritize tasks and willing to embark on continuous professional development.
• Competent team player, able to work together with other members of the department and other members of the school community.
• Able to work under pressure to meet all deadlines with regard to reports and Medium Term Plans.
• A strong and positive work ethic and a responsible attitude to working with children.
How To Apply For The Job
Please email the following to:
(Note: Subject of your email should be the job title)
• Personal Statement detailing your skills, strengths as well as professional experience, explaining how well suited you are to the descriptions and specifications listed above. (must not exceed 2 pages).
• Curriculum Vitae
• Two References
27 March, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.