GIZ Ghana is seeking to recruit a Security Risk Management Advisor.
• GIZ is a public-benefit federal enterprise. We work on behalf of the German Government and support many public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security.
• Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for Decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
Scope of the Role
• The GIZ's security risk management system (SRMS) for Ghana is designed to ensure the security of staff and assets in the country by minimizing identified risks.
• The goal is to support GIZ staff in the safe performance of their tasks in a volatile environment also influenced by the actual Corona pandemic as well as to develop relevant SOPs.
• The Security Risk Management Advisor (SRMA) must constantly adapt the existing SRMS to the development in the country.
The SRMA will be responsible for advising the Country Director and staff on issues associated with security risk management and risk mitigation.
• Implement, update and further develop professional security risk management measures according to the contextual conditions monitor the security situation and advise on short-term, mid-term, and long-term changes based on trends and developments.
• collect and evaluate systematically security-related information and transform this into proposals for necessary action prepare risk, conflict and actor analyses as well as security situation reports, district profiles, incident reporting and other research documents.
• orient and support security focal points in the projects elaborate relevant information material and held information sessions for staff
provide safety and security briefing for newly arrived national and international staff and consultants
• act as the primary security contact for all employees in emergency situations, advise and organise follow up measures
• establish and maintain a stable network with security advisors in other institutions, relevant governmental agencies, police etc.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master's Degree in security, risk, international relations, peace and conflict studies or relevant field
• 3 – 5 years of progressive professional experience in a similar position in an international organisation
• experience in designing and managing a security risk management system as well as knowledge of conflict-sensitive approaches.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to formulate and relay information clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
• Excellent communication and advisory skills and the ability to explain the relevance of the security risk management to both internal and
• Experience in conducting and facilitating trainings.
• Excellent knowledge of the English language
• Ability to work systematically and autonomously with little guidance and ability to make sound, rational decisions in critical situations.
• Willingness to regularly travel in the country including to remote destinations
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
under the Job Code 2022/CO/01/01
. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider
15 January, 2022
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race,
and religion are encouraged to apply.