Senior Accountant Project Description:
The Resiliency in Northern Ghana (RING) project is a 5-year integrated project funded by the USAID Feed the Future (FtF) Initiative and is designed to contribute to Government of Ghana (GoG) efforts to sustainably reduce poverty and improve the nutritional status of vulnerable populations. The goal of RING is improved livelihoods and nutritional status of households in Ghana. Reporting Relationship:
• Senior Accountant reports to Director of Finance & Administration Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise staff under him/her (two accountants)
• Full charge of accounting responsibilities and oversight in all disciplines, including accounts payable, receivable and general ledger, manage and report on outstanding advances, accruals as well as payroll processing.
• Update all the accounting system registering on a daily basis all the transactions in the QuickBooks system.
• Pay income taxes and all the social contributions to the Social Fund of Ghana, and coordinate the request of VAT relief to USAID.
• Ensure the respect of all the accounting procedures (international and the Global Communities’ specific procedures)
• Manage the severance accruals, report on a monthly basis on the situation of this account and reconcile it regularly.
• Prepare the financial reports of the project
• Review with the DFA the monthly draw request within the deadlines, manage the cash flow, cash requirements including currency exchange rates.
• Supervise the reconciliation of all the bank accounts regularly.
• Review the prepared checks and their recording in QB after analyzing the accuracy of the supporting documentation according to the accounting principles and internal procedures.
• Ensure that all the checks are duly prepared, signed and inform the related vendors for appropriate distribution.
• Ensure all the supporting documents are well archived on a regular basis.
• Prepare on a monthly basis the outstanding payable report
• Review work of payables staff to ensure payments are allowable under A122, properly documented, properly approved, coded to active and valid codes, and in accordance with Terms of Assignment.
• Monitor incoming invoices for special requests i.e. specific payment dates and special mailing or distribution instructions.
• Research vendor, employee or project inquires and track down delinquent invoices.
• Ensure that Accounts Payable (AP) filing is being done timely and accurately allowing for easy retrieval of documents. At fiscal year-end, ensure the proper archiving of prior fiscal year documents.
• Provide support to payable staff, answering coding and other questions as needed.
• Periodically meet with the supervisor to go over issues and concerns.
• Perform General Ledger reconciliations for advance accounts and AP accounts.
• Monitor advance account for employees and consultants for timely clearing and ensure no advance is older than 30 days.
• Oversee the monthly reconciliation of petty cash; health care reimbursements;
• Ensure that all paid invoices have appropriate supporting documentation including price quotes, selection memos, purchase request, purchase order and delivery notes.
• Perform any other duty assigned to him/her by his/her direct supervisor. Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, commerce and any related field.
• Experience of more than 7 years in the same or similar position.
• Ability to work with confidential material ethically, with dynamism, collaboration, delegation, flexibility, proactive attitude and follow-up actions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to take initiative and carry out work independently.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time sensitive environment.
• Experience of a USAID funded project plus a strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is a must. Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their CVs by email to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
16 August, 2015