University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR)
Building and Construction
Job Vacancy For Senior Architect / Senior Structural Engineer / Senior Quantity Surveyor
The University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR) was established by an Act of Parliament, 2011, (Act 830). The University is a public funded national institution which seeks to provide leadership and management of energy and natural resources and be a centre of excellence in these critical areas.
The University approaches its programmes and research by emphasizing interdisciplinary collaboration and taking into account areas such as economics, law and policy, management, science, technology and engineering as well as social and political issues that affect energy and natural resources.
The University of Energy and Natural Resources operates a multi-campus system, currently in Sunyani and Dormaa Ahenkro; plans are underway to start the Nsoatre and Kenyase campuses. Successful applicants of any of the following positions in the University should be willing to reside in any of these locations.
WORKS AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT DIRECTORATE
• Senior Architect
• Senior Structural Engineer
• Senior Quantity Surveyor
Qualification Required & Experience
An applicant seeking appointment to the position of Senior Architect/Engineer/Quantity Surveyor/ must:
• possess a master’s degree in the relevant field, preferably in Architecture, Building Technology, Civil Engineering or related fields.
• be a member of a relevant professional body, preferably any of the following:
a. Ghana Institute of Architects (GIA) and Architects Registration
b. Ghana Institution of Engineering (GhIE)
c. Ghana Institution of Surveyors (GhIS)
• have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant post qualification experience in a university or an analogous institution as Architect/Engineer/Quantity Surveyor OR must have served in a relevant field in industry, commerce or public service for a minimum of six (6) years.
• be of unblemished character and have a high degree of personal integrity, be circumspect and above reproach.
• have proved organisational and leadership skills.
• possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
• be a team player and have the capacity to manage crises.
How To Apply For The Job
All applications should reach the Registrar not later than FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2020 through the following address:
University of Energy and Natural Resources
P. O. Box 214
Closing Date: 11 December, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants would be called for interviews.