Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT)
Education / Training
Job Vacancy For Senior Assistant Secretary
The Ghana National Association of Teachers invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented, results-driven with good leadership qualities and enthusiasm for appointment to the position of: Senior Assistant Secretary (Regional Secretary)
• Must be a professional teacher not below the rank of Assistant Director I with years on the rank.
• Assistant Secretary (Assistant Regional Secretary) with not less than 5 years on the rank; or Assistant Secretary II (District Secretary) with not less than 7 years on the rank
• Must possess a first degree from a recognised university in a relevant subject area
• Should not be below 40 years or above 55 years of age at the time of appointment (31? August, 2022)
• Must possess a working knowledge in the basic computer applications in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ensures implementation of decisions, policies and programmes of GNAT in the region.
• Directs activities within the region relating to coordination and participation in recruitment and retention of members.
• Liaises with executive, districts and local officers
• Assists and supports districts in negotiation with local authorities
• Assists in the coordination and training of members throughout the region.
• Resolves personal cases of members and staff.
• Liaises with the governmental and non-governmental organisations in matters related to education and welfare of teachers.
• Monitors district and local branches of the association.
• Appraises performance of staff in the region.
• Ensures financial discipline in GNAT secretariats in the region.
• Ensures proper administration of GNAT secretariats in the region
• Submits termly, annual and other reports on activities in the region kill.
• Submits monthly financial reports to the Headquarters through the Financial Controller.
• Projects the union through the media and other avenues in conjunction with Regional Executive.
• Performs any duty assigned by the General Secretary or his/her representative
• A highly motivated individual with a high sense of responsibility, integrity, dependability, initiative, excellent interpersonal skills, tolerance, solidarity, unity, resilience, managerial and leadership skills.
Level of Responsibility
• Responsible to the General Secretary through the Deputy General Secretary, Administration and Labour Relations.
Remuneration: As determined by the National Executive.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates should submit their application letters together with Curriculum Vitae with two (2) recent passport-size photographs, two letters of recommendations, photocopies of relevant certificate(s), photocopy of last pay slip, birth certificate, SSNIT Statement and two (2) self-addressed envelopes should be forwarded to the address below:
The Managing Consultant
GIMPA Consultancy & Innovation Directorate
P.O.Box AH 50,
Closing Date: 17 May, 2022