PharmAccessGroup is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to improving the access to quality health service delivery in resource poor settings. The organisation is headquartered in Amsterdam where it was started in 2001. Since inception, PhamAccessGroup has been operating on the cutting edge of healthcare support in Africa, pioneering innovative approaches to strengthen the private healthcare sector. PhamAccessGroup is an international organisation, with programs in over 12 African countries and country offices in five of them. It received several awards (G20 finance award, SME Finance Innovation Award, OPIC Impact Award), for its innovative approach PharmAccessGroup and its related organisations, mobilise public and private resources for the benefit of healthcare providers and patients through health plans for low income consumers, loans to healthcare providers (via the Medical CredFund-MCF), certification of healthcare facilities through clinical standards (SafeCare), private investments in suppliers to the care market (IFHA) and (health) impact research (AIGHD). We serve the purpose of making good health care accessible to the mass market in Africa, leading to healthier populations and social and economic development.
Since its country registration in Ghana in 2011, PharmAccessGroup has provided quality and business support to over 300 healthcare providers and it helped 120 of them accessing loans with MCF's local partner banks. The majority of them demonstrate good repayment behavior, (strong) business growth and an improvement of their clinical processes. With the growth of the programs and the number of services offered (quality assessments, loans, monitoring & evaluation consultancy), there is an increasing need for enhanced local risk management and underwriting capacity. The new position of Senior Business Analyst (SBA) is critical to that end. Responsibilities: Bank coordination
• Close coordination and active pipeline management of bank recruited and PharmAccessGroup recruited business cases with the banks' program and branch managers In order to ensure !timely processes and short turnaround times.
• Active monitoring of loan applications at the bank's credit risk department and close consultation with the banks' credit risk officers on the applications' progress and/or possible bottlenecks in process Business assessments/underwriting
• The SBA ensures that PharmAccessGroup (or one of its Technical Assistance Partners) recruited business cases get a Business Assessment that meets MCF's business appraisal and underwriting standards.
• The SBA reviews and preapproves credit memos of business cases as prepared by its partner banks, prior to formal under-writing by the MCF.
• The SBA acts as a senior team member for business advisors in the PharmAccessGroup team and of its Technical Assistance Partners, supervises their work and trains team members on the job.
• Planning of business assessment activities will involve quarterly and monthly workload planning and synchronisation with the partner banks.
• Monitoring, Coordination and Facilitation
• The SBA will make sure that SafeCare Assessments and Quality Plans will be completed within a month after loan disbursement.
• The SBA will monitor healthcare providers as long as an underwritten loan is outstanding on a six-monthly basis.
• If so requested, the SBA may facilitate deal making with the borrowing healthcare provider in the areas of provision of support services related to the implementation of a Quality Plan or Business Plan. If anticipated. the SBA may advise or arrange to include adequate budgets In the loan request. Product development
• The SBA is proactively involved in the development of new services tools, monitoring systems and training materials. Positioning & Reporting Positioning
• The SBA will be employed by PharmAccessGroup in Ghana and be stationed at its office in Accra.
• The SBA is expected to travel extensively in the country.
• The SBA may be temporarily stationed in other countries in the region with the purpose of settling up business assessment and underwriting capacity similar to the Ghana practice. Reporting
• Functionally and formally the SBA reports to the Country Director for PharmAccessGroup wno is stationed in Accra, Ghana.
• Operational reporting takes the form of monthly monitoring of activities, plan which will be related to on-rolling overall MCF planning and pipeline tools. Operational communication and coordination lines need to be maintained at all times with the MCF Senior Financial Analyst and the MCF Finance Director in Amsterdam. .
• The SBA will directly contact the PharmAccessGroup Country Director in case of major developments or challenges as per his/her own initiative and perception of the situation.
• The SBA will be part of a dynamic organization and work closely together with a team of local and international experts in the field of health care, finance, data analysis, banking and research. PharmAccessGroup Offers
• PharmAccessGroup oilers an excellent Job opportunity in a dynamic international environment with solid terms and conditions that conform to Industry standards.
• PharmAccessGroup has a fulltime workweek of 40 hours a collective pension scheme and a medical insurance cover for employees and dependents.
• We offer 22 vacation days a year based on a fulltime employment agreement Qualification Required & Experience
• Essential: BSc Business Administration or equivalent.
• Desirable: MBA or post graduate qualification in Banking, Accounting or Finance. Working Experience
• Essential: five years post qualification experience in the banking/financial sector
• Desirable: management experience in the health sector. Experience in credit risk assessment. microfinance or SME lending is major added advantage. Skills
• Financial analytical and planning skills.
• Computer literate, including use of tablets and databases web applications.
• Display a commitment for healthcare development organisational skills.
• Communication and interpersonal skills.
• Business writing skill.
• Advocacy and negotiating skills. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Suitable candidates can send their CV and cover letter in English to:- [email protected]
mentioning 'Senior Business Analyst". Closing Date:
14 September, 2015
For more information please see the website www.pharmaccess.org
Process Manager (Phylicia Adjei) at PharmAccess Foundation, reachable via (+233) 0302-735261