Social Impact Ghana (SI) is an international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. SI provides services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI’s mission in Ghana is to provide technical assistance and related services to client and government organization, under its contract agreement with the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”) for Partnership for Education: Evaluating Systems.
• Position Title:
Senior Capacity Building Specialist
Strategic Programme & Capacity Building
• Reports To:
Chief of Party
The Evaluating Systems activity aims to support Ministry of Education (MOE), Ghana Education Service (GES) and local organizations to establish and improve basic education monitoring and evaluation systems and frameworks that encourage learning and use of best practices, linked to Ghana’s new emphasis on primary school reading.
Major areas of support will include:
• Providing technical assistance and capacity building support to MOE, GES and its development partners to help develop a systematic, coordinated and responsive monitoring and evaluation system that supports implementation of the Government of Ghana’s Education Strategic Plan 2010-2020 (ESP).
• Creating a harmonized monitoring and evaluation operational framework that supports the implementation of the ESP.
• Undertaking impact and performance evaluations that promote evidence-based decision-making in the education sector, with an emphasis on primary school reading.
Social Impact/Ghana is seeking to hire a full-time Senior Capacity Building Specialist who will be embedded within the MOE/GES and reports to the Chief of Party. This is a full-time project position, year-round role based in Accra. Selected candidate must be able to begin work immediately.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only Ghanaian citizens are eligible to apply.**
• Lead the assessment, analysis and planning for capacity development for the EMIS, ESP and other areas of educational capacity building
• Assess MOE/GES M & E capacity, developing capacity development plans, and organizing and managing the implementation of all capacity building activities under USAID Partnership for Education: Evaluating Systems for partner country government entities and institutions;
• Work with the MOE and GES to develop and perform the activities related to training and capacity building.
• The Specialist will be conversant with all appropriate literature and documents relating to MoE and GES information systems, ESP as well as literature and documents related to HICD, SABER and other literature relevant to capacity development. The Specialist will also be familiar with cooperating partner USAID activity documents and reports.
Other Specific Responsibilities
• Develop SoWs and supervise CB related STTA and assure that individual and specific deliverables are produced, and that the quality of work is of highest standard. He will assure the coordination of other Evaluating Systems staff and personnel for their involvement as needed.
• Assure that relations between Evaluating Systems and its counterparts in the Government are favorable for the work needing to be done.
• Assure, to the extent possible, that women participate and are included on assignments that involve assessments, analyses, planning and training events held for and by Evaluating Systems.
• Undertake field visits as required to conduct assessments, training or other activities in the field.
• Play an integral role in the Evaluating Systems team and contribute to staff meetings in the planning of its weekly and quarterly activities.
• Produce success stories and vignettes of cases where building of capacity or the assessing of capacity strengths and weaknesses shows particular progress or other breakthrough to an enhanced level of performance.
• Assist and play a role in the production of Quarterly and Annual Reports and other documents such as training manuals and reports arising out of its MECD activities as required by USAID.
• The Specialist will be supervised by the CoP and the DCoP.
Pay and Benefits
Attractive salary and benefits program
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s in a relevant discipline;
• Minimum of seven (7) years proven work experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation and institutional capacity building;
• Demonstrated skills in M&E system design, methodologies (quantitative and qualitative) and approaches;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with host country counterparts and government officials;
• Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in training, consulting or on-the-job coaching.
• Demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities; and
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit their CVs and a cover letter via email to:-
with Senior Capacity Building Specialist clearly stated in your subject title or to the Social Impact Office, # 2 Lenshie Crescent, North Labone, Accra. Application should be addressed to the Chief of Party, Partnership for Education: Evaluating Systems.
20 November, 2015
We will contact only eligible candidates to further discuss their availability. Please no phone calls. Social Impact is an equal opportunity employer.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.