6months Job Specification:
• Supporting the Projects and Engineering department within the Business Unit in the development & execution of their procurement strategies, the composition and issue of invitations to tender, objective bid evaluation, contract negotiation, preparation and award of the final contract
• Post award administration and reporting contractor performance management
• Development and implementation of Local Content strategy within the Contractor, Supplier or Vendor base having regard to direction given by the SCM Local Content Development & Delivery group Business Behavior:
• Establishes priorities and works independently with minimal direction.
• Formulating. evaluating. negotiating & execution of complex contracts.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with diverse business drivers and variables.
• English language and numeracy skills. High level of competency in MS Word and Excel. Minimum Requirements EHS Responsibilities:
• Be prepared to work in a manner that ensures the safety and health of all and minimizes environmental impacts by following established statutory and corporate EHS policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Be prepared to promptly report any unsafe act or condition, environmental or health hazard, injury, illness or near miss witnessed to immediate supervisor or site in charge. Participate In STOP initiative(s) or similar. Work Schedule:
All in accordance with HR Policy:
• Ghanaian resident working hours or 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off
• 6 day week - 10hrs p/d. Additional hours as demand requires Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum 10 years evidenced experience.
• Proven experience of negotiating complex contracts is paramount; with the following academic qualifications being advantageous; preferably to
• Degree level in a business, engineering or management related subject and CIPS preferred.
• Predominantly contracts formulation and negotiation experience in projects and engineering procurement and ideally, but not exclusively, Oil & Gas with substantive exposure to all disciplines and issues within the supply chain. Complete understanding of Significant legal and commercial issues within supply chain
• International exposure within an oil and gas operating environment Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job Recruitment Contact: Business Services: [email protected]
Tel: +233 302 214 027 Kirsty Langdon: [email protected]
Tel: +441784417194 Wood Group Ghana Ltd. 5 Roman Road, Roman Ridge Airport Residential Area Accra Closing Date:
07 February, 2016