The key objective of the HR Shared Services Division CHRM2 is to process individual decisions regarding staff and their remuneration, benefits and employment contract with the Bank, in line with established policies and procedures in an efficient and timely manner, in order to ensure staff and management satisfaction.
Under the supervision of the Division Manager CHRM2, the incumbent’s role will be to oversee the day to day operations of the HR Help Desk, implement, support and facilitate the various steps in addressing HR related staff queries to ensure efficient clients services. Duties and responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Division Manager, the Senior Employee Help Desk Officer’s main duties and responsibilities will be to:
• Organise, supervise and perform the listening and treatment of queries from employees regarding their situation at the Bank and the HR policies and procedures, as well as the log and follow through of these queries.
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive set of documentation which is easy to find, to access, to interpret and to act upon, regarding HR matters of interest to staff members.
• Participate actively the policy interpretation process when required and record /ensure such interpretation in individual cases.
• Present key HR policies and programmes to new comers and promote the Employee HRD throughout the Bank.
• Follow up on the treatment of queries of staff members carried over to specialists to ensure a timely reply to them.
• Analyse logs and follow through of queries, improve EHRD documentation and report to relevant HR units in order to improve HR policies and procedures as appropriate.
• Keep self and his/her team abreast of continuous changes and interpretations.
• Permanently adapt team work organisation, tools and practices to ensure optimal service to all staff members wherever located.
• Provide 1st level of operational support across several HR business areas including expatriation, compliance, leave of absence, HR master data, on boarding/off boarding, internal transfers, benefits and payroll.
• Provide the necessary information regarding query log to case management as required to facilitate the addressing of the staff situation.
• Provide the 1st level of support for HR Self-services Tools (Employee Self-Services, Manager Self-services.
• Undertake other responsibilities within the Division including active participation in the planning and execution of activities of the unit, ensuring that they are consistent with the mission and the expected results of program activity; and take appropriate action when objectives change or when modifications are made to limited resources, in order to sustain delivery and efficiency. Qualification Required & Experience
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
• Minimum of a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Business Administration or other related disciplines.
• Requisite knowledge of SAP or other integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system preferably in Human Resource (HR) and Financial (FI) modules.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant practical working experience in a large volume and busy computerised HR unit.
• Knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
• Ability to work independently and coordinate with peers and other HR experts in a multidisciplinary team.
• Capacity to initiate and manage innovations and changes.
• High level skills in communication and negotiation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
• Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Location:
Ghana How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
04 September, 2015 Only applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply