Local Individual Contract Contract level:
LICA-6 Contract duration:
1 year Vacancy code:
The Senior Finance Assistant works in close collaboration with the UNOPS operations, programme and projects’ staff in the Operational Hub for resolving finance- related issues and information exchange Functional Responsibilities:
• Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Analyst, the Senior Finance Assistant in the Operational Hub provides a variety of specialized finance, accounting, and clerical functions related to Project Accounting, Budgeting and Financial Reporting.
• The Senor Finance Assistant ensures high quality, accuracy and consistency of work and promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNOPS financial rules and regulations. Summary of Key Functions:
• Implementation of operational strategies
• Budgetary and monitoring control
• Treasury functions
• Accounting, administrative and clerical support
• Financial Reporting
• Knowledge building and knowledge sharing Qualification Required & Experience
• Completion of secondary school or equivalent. Diploma or certification in finance-related subjects or business administration an asset.
• 6 years of relevant finance experience is required at the national or international level.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
• Fluency in written and oral English and in the language of the duty station required. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
All candidates are requested to submit their application online, through the below mentioned website and following the instruction included in the relevant Vacancy announcements (see below Ref aside of each post). Click Here To Apply Online
No paper application or any other means of transmission will be accepted. Additional Considerations:
• Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time (CET)
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
• The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS. Closing Date:
23 June, 2015