• The Senior Financial Accountant will be a key role within the general accounting team responsible for maintaining the books of accounts for Millicom Ghana Limited. You will support the day-to-today accounting functions, driving process improvement and pursuing best in-class accounting practices. You will also ensure sound Financial & Accounting practices are established to capture all the transactions as and when they occur accurately and more importantly ensure compliance with Millicom Accounting / Internal control policies and IFRS. You must be equipped at all times to partner the business in the execution of strategies.
• Maintain and monitor controls in line with Millicom internal control and Accounting policies as applicable;
• Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are applied at all times and the treatment and handling of all transactions;
• Ensure all accurate and timely processing of accounting transactions to facilitate management decision-making process;
• Perform high-level complex accounting processes and calculations, eg leases, tower and network accounting etc;
• Manage a process to monitor the accrual and prepayment positions of the company to mitigate unforeseen exposures. Constantly work with the business to ensure this is kept up-to-date;
• Support the period end close process from the Accounting side, ensuring an accurate and timely reporting of transactions as well as provision of relevant commentary on variances;
• Ensure accounting impact analysis are prepared and documented for all new significant transactions;
• Drive process improvement by working closely with all stakeholders to evaluate current processes and procedures, recommend new practices, procedures and systems to improve operating efficiencies and internal controls;
• Provide support in the resolution and closing of all reporting and audits queries raised;
• Ensure all month end check-list documentations relating to area of responsibility are properly prepared and submitted on time.
• Ensure documentation for transactions are properly maintained and available for all financial and statutory audits, ie tax, regulatory, internal and external audits.
• Ensure documents are properly filed and archived on a timely basis and in an efficient way in accordance with company policy and statutory requirements;
• Assist in the Company’s annual audit with the external auditors;
• Support in various intra and inter departmental projects.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting;
• Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in a similar role;
• Must be a member or a final level student member of a recognized professional Accounting body, eg. ACCA, CA etc.
• Good knowledge of Accounting principles and best practices in a multinational environment;
• Detail oriented and results driven
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click Here To Apply Online
15 December, 2015
When you join Tigo, you join a team where your skills, ideas and technical know-how can do more than contribute to the bottom-line. You'll be exposed to enormous experience, great network and a workforce full of talents with youthful exuberance.
At Tigo we are all salesmen and we are responsible for our own development. We consider each vacancy as a development opportunity for Tigo Employees and we develop both the business and people together.