World Food Programme
NGO / International Agencies
Job Vacancy For Senior Logistics Assistant At World Food Programme
Duration: 1 year Fixed Term (renewable)
Post Grade: G6/1
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Country Director and the overall supervision of the Country Director, the Senior Logistics Assistant will be responsible for the following duties;
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that stock of materials and suppliers are properly maintained, and the processing of the appropriate orders (Landside Transport Storage and Handling (LTSH), Landside Transport Instruction (Tis), Purchase Order (POs) etc.)
• Supervise and ensure the production of reports and other Commodity Tracking Systems (CTS) information, ensuring that these are provided accurately and on time
• Oversee all Port Operations and Funds Management find. LTSH preparation, utilization and/or revision) functions in the Country Off ice
• Analyze data produced by the CTS system, identifying ways of improving efficiency
• Liaise and exchange information with other logistics staff for the improvement of the work and of commodity tracking in general
• Monitor and report on the status of deliveries/receipts in relation to commodity allocations, of logistics transactions such as dispatches, reallocations, local purchases, international arrivals etc.
• Coordinate and manage deliveries by suppliers or clearing agents for arriving shipments
• Initiate action for request for exemption and permits from Government authorities for all arriving shipments
• Coordinate clearance of imports/exports whenever necessary with relevant
• Initiate action for request for offers/quotations for the procurement of logistics and transport services as well as ensure the performance of such services
• Follow up on physical inspection of WFP warehouses on a monthly basis and report on that
• Maintain complete files for all Logistics related matters
• Perform other duties as required
Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in the following disciplines: logistics, supply chain and business administration supplemented by technical courses in a field related to WFP logistics/transport activities; Excellent knowledge of Microsoft software applications particularly excel among others.
• At least three years of practical commercial/professional experience in one or more of the transportation and ancillary sectors: port operations, shipping, clearing and forwarding, air operations, large scale road distribution management.
Fluency in both written and oral English.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants should submit their applications with 3 references including Curriculum Vitae in sealed envelopes marked "Senior Logistics Assistant, G6/1, Accra" and sent to the address below or hand-delivered to WFP Office, located after the Fire Service traffic light towards Flair Catering or Kumodzi Hospital:
The Human Resource Unit
UN World Food Programme
No.7, 7th Rangoon Close, Cantonments
P. O. Box 1423
Closing Date: 28 January, 2016
• ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES MEETING THE CRITERIA WILL BE CONTACTED.
• QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY