• Provide team and role scope leadership for digital channels and innovative propositions to deliver on the business’s digital agenda to drive self-care and sales through Digital channels. Provide guidance in the advancement of digital channels?via design, development, and maintenance of the digital value chain Job Role
• Scan the business and evaluate opportunities related to customer and stakeholder needs and provide guidance supported by digital business models for long-term competitiveness and growth of MTNs digital agenda and digital channels aligned to the business’s strategy – Ambition 2025.
• Manage the development and growth strategy of MTN digital channels like MyMTN, chatbot, e-shop etc. Liaise with Digital Channel teams on the development and growth strategy of MTN digital channels like myMTN, chatbot, e-shop etc.
• Provide guidance and direction to functional and departmental leads across the business on digital, technology, and related solutions to enable their functional digital goals, objectives and roadmaps.
• Proactively seek out, vet and implement new technologies to innovate digitally throughout the company with a special focus on digital self-care and sales. Develop innovative digital solutions for broad business interests. Comprehensive and original concepts and approaches required for market relevance.
• Anticipate, define and help capture opportunities leveraging multiple sources of data for digital innovation: trends, customer insights, behavioural and attitudinal data, competitive information among others. Responsible for evaluating analytics for web and app properties including digital and social analytics. Lead in conducting data research to compliment digital innovation drive within the business. Leverage analytics to assess potential needs of the market at large, evaluate feasible solution sets and the barriers to adoption by customers and/or consumers.
• Work with internal and external partners to provide great user experiences based on customer insights.
• Lead collaborations with international and local partners on content and other digital services.
• Lead the evaluation of financials and business case of the relevant digital innovation initiatives.
• Provide support to commercial teams regarding digital innovation best practices
• Work closely with MTN Group DigiFin to ensure any innovation identified is defined, developed and delivered within the Group DigiFin framework and best practice. Context:
• Dynamic and competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
• Evolving telco with a focus on platforms
• Multi regulated environment
• Impact execution focus
• Developing sophisticated client base
• Media interest Qualification Required & Experience Education
• A First Degree in computer science or a business field with technology specialization
• Scrum Master or Product Owner certification or proven experience of having worked using the Scrum framework.
• Coding and Software Enhancement, Networking Development, Algorithms Design, Cloud Computing, UI Design, Online Framework, Software Computing important.
• Project Management Certification a plus Experience
• Minimum of 8 years related work experience in a digital organization, global or multinational organization or management consultancy (understanding emerging markets an advantage)
• Good experience and knowledge of digital analytics and advertising tools like Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Appsflyer, Airship etc.
• Advanced digital skills
• Experience managing E-commerce and or apps
• Experience working on business transformation projects or in a digital environment
• 5 years managing projects with cross functional teams Professional/Technical competencies:
• Strong knowledge of Digital and Mobile Apps
• Project Management
• Coding and Software Enhancement, Networking Development, Algorithms Design, Cloud Computing, UI Design, Online Framework, Software Computing an advantage.
• Business Performance Management; Planning and Budgeting
• Stakeholder Relations Management
• Marketing/Digital Marketing
• Agile Principle Methodology
• Understanding the Digital Ecosystem
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Knowledge and the ability to use Digital tools. Physical Skills/ Competencies:
• Self-starter and ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines
• Naturally curious and have the passion to ideate and advance innovation of digital products
• Must be detail-oriented and have good organization skills
• Maturity, professionalism, and good conflict management.
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative, coaches & develop direct reports
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities, plans, manages and monitor work effectively
• Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation Skills, commitment to the organization
• Global thinker, analytical thinking, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 31st March 2022 to: [email protected]
Kindly use MTN/DIG/003/22
as the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Closing Date:
31 March, 2022