• Provide team and role scope leadership for budget preparation and forecasting for cost centers and the application of financial concepts & principles.
• Partner with the Finance Centers of Excellence (CoE) and Shared Services Center (SSC) for seamless integration and optimization of financial reporting and budgeting processes and programs. Job Role
• Manage the preparation of budgets, forecasts, and long-term plans in co-ordination with stakeholders.
• Evaluate environmental variables and market conditions to guide long-term plans to support current and future business needs.
• Review and confirm operational budgets and the projection of expenses based on an understanding of cost centres in developing budget plans companywide.
• Develop companywide budget guidelines.
• Analyse and prepare companywide budget estimations and obtain the appropriate approvals per DOA.
• Partner with functional leadership and their teams on budgeting, forecasting and spend. Provide the necessary insights to guide decision making.
• Ensure adherence to the Groupwide enterprise performance calendar and timely completion of all phases of the appraisal cycle for the department.
• Manage the reporting of results on a monthly basis with identified stakeholders, providing appropriate insights and explanation as required.
• Present financial performance reports to Executive Committee and Senior Management.
• Review results in line with business plans along with corresponding insights.
• Review and provide inputs for financial planning, the budgeting and control process. Context :
• Evolving Telecommunication business and business models
• Multiregulated ecosystem
• Platform business
• Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) Focus
• Fiscal and high governance ecosystem
• Localization focus Strategic Planning & Thinking
• Lead and direct teams to address and evolve to the future direction of the organization
• Establish strategic performance measures to allow the organization to continually assess and adjust program direction
• Provide clarification on the strategic direction of the organization where required Critical Thinking
• Critically compare different points of view
• Identifies linkage of actions to achieving outcomes
• Applies formal methods and strategies to enhance creative thought
• Effectively analyze the situations and collect input to make informed decision Analytical Thinking
• Identifies options and solutions for addressing problems being analyzed
• Identifies a number of solutions to problems by identifying and evaluating the various options developed and select the most effective solution
• Draws logical and objective conclusions from given data sets and validates them as the prime cause and contributing causes. Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
• The ability to match appropriate solutions to a variety of business needs / demands. Consistently “thinks ahead” when making decisions and seeks to preempt possible solutions
• Takes ultimate responsibility for key decisions within areas of responsibility.
• Strongly contributes to effective problem solving and decision making and is clearly accountable and seeks to effectively manage risk.
• Ability to build decision models to analyze and solve basic to intermediate problems Integrated Analytics
• Ability to use behavioral information and technical data to make a strong contribution to leadership for problem solving and decision-making.
• Will seek to influence the organization’s strategy, to ensure that the organization has the technical capability to manage and mine big data. Qualification Required & Experience Education
• Tertiary qualification in Finance or a related field
• Chartered Accountant (CPA, CA, CFA, CMA) is a must Experience
• Minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant experience.
• With at least 5 years managerial/leadership level experience. Knowledge:
• Financial accounting/Financial management/Accounting
• Planning & Budgeting
• Business Analytics
• Business Performance Measurement & Management
• Business Process Improvement and business consulting
• Business Analysis
• Financial Acumen
• Stakeholder Management
• Research Orientation
• Strategic acumen Skills / physical competencies:
• Manages self and team performance, effective conflict manager, takes and manages accountability
• Energy & Drive – Curiosity, Open mindedness, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and management by coaching
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
• Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, commitment to the organization NB:
The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality always. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number IRC26636
as the email subject.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 30th March 2022 to: [email protected] Closing Date:
31 March, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.