Finance & Services
Financial Services – Mobile Money Ltd
Senior Manager, Financial Services – Mobile Money Ltd
MTN Level 3H
Chief Financial Officer
• Responsible for ensuring the current and future financial profitability and viability of Mobile Money Ltd through proper finance and accounting operations, strategic financial planning and forecasting, effective working capital management and compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
• The role would oversee: Mobile Money Treasury and Cash Management, General Ledger and Reporting, Accounts Payable and Receivable functions and liaise with: Tax, Corporate Performance, as well as the Global sourcing departments of Scancom Plc to deliver complete finance and accounting services to the entity.
• Technology changes
• Total cost of ownership
• Environmental and quality standards
• Rapid growth and expansion of MTN Ghana operations.
• Dynamic and highly regulated and competitive telecommunication and ICT industry.
• An evolving macro-economic environment both local and international.
• Company Mission, policies and procedures.
• Changes in Local and International transfer pricing regulations.
• MTN Group risk management framework.
• The International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Huge demands from regulators on intense compliance level.
• Increased Transfer Pricing Audit and regulations.
• Increased focus of regulators on Telecom Companies.
• Rapidly changing business model and its attendant tax risks.
• Group Procurement Changes
• Market drivers, economies of scale and Currencies
Financial Services (Mobile Money)
• Lead the financial planning and forecasting for the Mobile Money Ltd together with the General Manager (MFS) in collaboration with MTN CPM of Scancom Plc
• Responsible for ensuring the preparation and maintenance of financial and accounting policies & procedures
• Responsible for supervising the maintenance of the books of accounts as per the standard accounting practices
• Ensure establishment of robust financial accounting systems so as to provide timely, accurate and consistent inputs for management reporting and Scancom Plc consolidation reporting
• Provide key input into the design and implementation of service level agreement (SLA) between Mobile Money Ltd and Scancom Plc for all outsourcing arrangements.
• Work with MTN Global Sourcing and Supply Chain in order to ensure procurement best practice to achieve sustainable and continuous savings that make a measurable impact on the Mobile Money Ltd’s financial performance
• Provide key input into managing Mobile Money expenditure: CAPEX and OPEX
• Work with the Accounts payable team to reconcile bills raised by contractors / vendors / suppliers and ensure timely payments as per the contractual conditions
• Ensure minimal lead times for rendering support to the internal customers and ensure minimal process / operational breakdown. Manage relationship with legal and regulatory bodies such as the Bank of Ghana and external Auditors
• Responsible for intercompany relations and transactions.
• Liaise with the tax function to ensure adherence to all related compliance requirements per local laws including efficient tax planning of direct and indirect taxation
Treasury & Cash Management
• Direct and ensure timely settlement of all online vending account with all partnering banks, agents and merchants
• Liaise with Mobile Money Operations on submission of returns to Bank of Ghana ( floats and electronic funds )
• Ensure appropriate level of focus on working capital performance by setting formal targets and actively monitoring trends for variance over the planning cycle
• Effectively drive cash flow management in alignment with MTN guidelines, suggest corrective actions in case of process deviations and escalate issues in a timely manner
• Ensure management of funds liquidation with appropriate approval into Mobile Money Ltd. Accounts.
• Responsible for approving reconciliations of all electronic holder accounts.
• Furnish partner banks with their monthly transaction details
• Identify and manage financial risk, recommend and ensure risk is reduced in the commercial, systems and people aspects.
Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Tasks:
• Set clear directions, goals and objectives for direct reports, monitor progress and maintain progress and maintain motivation.
• Manage performance of team
• Manage Staff career discussions, training and development and ensure necessary actions/ interventions are put in place
• Recruit staff for appointment
• Embed risk culture
• Create an enabling environment for team to perform
• Provide an advisory function on governance and best practices in client experience
IT Security Responsibilities/ Tasks:
• Comply with all Information Security Policies and related documents
• Report security weakness/incidents to either the respective head of department or the Enterprise Information Security Manager
• End Users must not exploit known security weaknesses.
• Participate in all forms of Information Security Awareness
• Promotion of Continual improvement of Information Security
• Monitor compliance to the information security management system requirements by the Teams
• Communicate the importance of effective information security management to your teams
• Direct and support your team/s to contribute to the effectiveness of the information security management system
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance
• Post Graduate in Finance and/or relevant professional qualification (e.g., Chartered Accountant, Banker) is an advantage
• A minimum of 8 years work experience in financial operations and reporting with at least 5 years’ experience in a managerial position within the finance department of a leading organization
• Experience in processes and Reporting
• Financial Management
• Financial Operations & Reporting
• Treasury management
• Tax management
• Mobile Money accounting
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS)
• Working knowledge of ERP (Oracle preferred)
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Experience in Telecom Finance function
Skills / physical competencies:
• Ability to manage self and be a team player, good conflict management, ability to take and manage accountability
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills - Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills - Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills - Ability to focus on priorities and plans, shares knowledge effectively
• Organizational Positioning Skills - Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, commitment to the organization
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities.
• Skill in Resource Management
The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality at all times
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 29th August, 2019 to:
Kindly indicate the Position (exact role you are applying for) in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE ROLE REQUIREMENTS
13 September, 2019