• To provide the necessary legal advice and support services to the Management and employees on the implementation of applicable laws and best practices to achieve the objectives of the Commission. Some Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Provide interpretation and assist with the implementation of relevant laws, regulations, and directives relating to the work of the SEC.
• Represent the Commission in Litigation either with the Commission’s Legal Team or with its External Solicitors.
• Conduct extensive legal research and analysis and to provide legal opinions when required.
• Handle, formulate and draft legislation, Codes, Directives, Guidelines, Circulars, etc, and amendment thereof as required by the SEC.
• Ensure the compliance by market operators with the provisions of the securities industry laws, Codes, Directives, Guidelines, Circulars, etc including licensing of the market operators
• Assist in Instructing, liaising, and evaluating external solicitors in the provision of services to the Commission.
• Prepare contracts and other legal documents to protect the interest of the Commission.
• Monitor the evolution of the regulatory framework, make impact analysis and update management.
• Identify legal risks for the Commission and provide advice.
• Provide corrective action in cases where laws have been ignored or misconstrued.
• Resolve problems in cases where laws have been ignored or misconstrued.
• Provide Company Secretarial Services in the absence of the Board Secretary.
• Work under the Head, Legal and Enforcement, and with other members of the department and other departments when required etc. Qualification Required & Experience Educational, Professional Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with Professional qualification in Law (BL)
• Must have an MBA or masters in Law (LLM) in a field relevant to the work of the SEC
• Must be a member of the Ghana Bar Association and in good standing.
• Must be 12 years or more at the Bar with relevant work experience, four (4) of which must be a similar position in a reputable organisation. Technical, Managerial & Behavioural Skills Required:
• Knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, Codes, Directives, Guidelines, and Circulars relating to securities market operations.
• Knowledge and experience in securities market operations.
• Investigative skills.
• Analytical skills.
• Report writing skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Ability to manage time and work within timelines.
• Good team player and team-building skills
• Ability to conduct self in a manner that elicits trust, respect, and confidence.
• Good communication – verbal and written skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in other departments on legal matters with ease
• IT skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), etc. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
11 July, 2020